“excited..” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“excited..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

wow,i haven't stayed in this property but i will be this coming jan 18-20 and way too excited because of the overwhelming good reviews and Mr Samir's geniunely care for hotel's guest by responding to them one by one and taking time to look into their challenges.i've been to another Holiday Inn in L. A. but oh boy,they messed up my credit card and been with frontdesk for more than an hour for just a simple check in but didn't do anything to try to get back our business...Just excited to meet you, Mr Samir..

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear AnaMarie,

Thank your for your kind words.
We look forward to have you as our guests on the 18th.
Hope that we will meet and exceed your expectations.

Samir Y. Mshasha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Enjoyed everything about this business stay. It was convenient to hwys, shops, food, etc. We were there Superbowl Weekend. Though it was a business trip, my husband flew in the later part of the trip and we went to a local restaurant and watched the Superbowl on the bar tv while eating a delicious Italian meal.

The hotel staff was always gracious and the breakfast was more than adequate. Parking was easy and due to the hotel's location, the room was quite and restful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to express your views regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We appreciate and value your opinion.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope to have you as our guest again on your next trip to the Bay Area.

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is a nice one it has TV, three exercise machines, free breakfast, etc.

I was there for three weeks starting at the last week of September-2012 and it was very good. It is clean, the furniture is good, you have free wifi, computer and printer if you need them.

It is also a few steps away from the Belmont Caltrain station which provides access to SFO in just 45 min trip.

But what really shines on this place is its staff. All of them are friendly and provide a very good service. Francis, one of the guys in the reception desk is awesome. When I got there he was very friendly, and since I was going to stay for several days, he gave me a bigger room than the originally booked. He looked for the most convenient way for me to pay. He also gave me information about the area so that I could go and buy things for my stay.

This place is excellent, and it also has one of the best rates in the area. And as I said the staff really makes this place worth the stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Cear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while you were our guest.
We appreciate your candid comments and glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable, pleasant and exciting stay.
We hope that you would be our guest again on your next trip to the Bay Area.

Upland, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hotel is one of the nicer Holiday Inn Expresses, I stay at the holiday inn frequently and this is one of the nicer hotels. I was upgraded to a suite upon arrival but the end suite was a little noisey with the water pipes at night. The internet in the lobby was slow for printing boarding passes but the manager Francis was helpful and printed them for me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear valued guest.
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review regarding your last stay at our hotel.
We are very happy that we were able to meet your expectations and delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our staff. We strive and work hard to make sure that all our guests get the best care possible.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

On a recent trip to the US I was supposed to stay in a local Marriott, which was full, so a colleague booked me into the Holiday Inn Express.
The hotel is modern and the staff are very accommodating. The bed was really comfortable, and I got some of the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel in a long time. Unlike some other reviewers, I has no problems at all with the free WiFi, and always had maximum signal (maybe they have fixed the issue?).The room was impeccably clean, A/C is self controlled and worked fine, and the fridge came in very handy to store a couple of six packs for myself and my colleagues.
Breakfast is self service, but it was perfect for what I like. Bacon, sausage patties, scrambled egg, biscuits, cereals, fruit juice, muffins, donuts, and coffee. If you want anything else, there's always the microwave oven in your room.
Location is fine, but it's probably better to have a car. I didn't have one, so walked about 10 minutes to San Carlos train station to get into San Francisco. Belmont train station is also about 10 minutes walk in the other direction. Should you have a car, it's very close to the highway.
There's a wide choice of restaurants in the immediate area varying from American to Korean Barbecue, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Creole, and Japanese, amongst others.
You can also find a small shopping center across the street with a CVS, where you can pick up some beer and\or some bits and pieces for your fridge and microwave.
One thing to note is that there is no bar or restaurant within the hotel, but that's the nature of the Holiday Inn Express (as I understand it), and it didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words.
We are very happy that we were able to accommodate you and live up to your expectations.
We try very hard to give our guests the best night's sleep .
Yes, we finally were able to fix the internet problem, and glad that you had no problem connecting.
Hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to the Bay Area.

Regards,
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We came to this hotel to visit friends in the area. Arrived after a long day and was shocked and horrified that they didn't have my reservation due to a "glitch". Long story, but the very nice front desk agent Robert helped us and got a room from a no show on a sold out weekend.
The room was very nice and wifi worked great. There is free breakfast in the morning and plenty of free parking. The hotel is across a CVS, plenty of restaurants in San Carlos, Millbrae and San Bruno, close to the freeway and SF Airport. Only drawback-there is no pool, nowhere to hang out. But it is nice, clean and efficient, and reasonably priced!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience while you were our guest.
I am glad that we were able to take care of the (glitch) in the reservation.
I am happier to know that the Wi-Fi wroked very well for you. For a while, we had a problem with the Wi-Fi. But as promised, we changed company.
Hope to have you as our guest next time you visit the Bay Area.

Regards,
Makati City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We selected this hotel on the basis of tripadvisor's recommendations. The rooms were clean and the staff was great. My only problem was wifi service didn't work in the room the entire time we was there.

We got in late in the evening, complained to front desk that there is no wifi service in my room (room 320.) He gave me a number to call, a 3rd party tech support company. I called them twice that evening but they were not able to restore the service.

The next day wifi service was restored in the hotel lobby, but throughout our two day stay we never got wifi service in the room. I called tech support again, and called the attention of front desk personnel several times. Fail.

I ended up racking up horrendous charges on my 3G phone, quite unnecessary if the hotel took a greater effort to fix the problem or move us to another room/floor. In this day and age, if wifi doesn't work in the room, we won't stay in that hotel.

Room Tip: If wifi is important to you, stay away from room 320.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Samir M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and thank you for your candid opinion.
As you can see from previous reviews, we do realize that lately, we had problems with the Internet.
As mentioned previously, we will have a new and dependable WiFi service very soon.
We appreciate and value your input.

Samir Y. Mshasha

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont? Share your experiences!