“Back to my home-away-from-home” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Belmont
San Francisco, California
“Back to my home-away-from-home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I only leave reviews when the hotel/service warrants it, and this property and staff have earned it. This is my go-to hotel when traveling on business because I work out our Redwood City office location on occasion. I was pleasantly surprised to see they put in some sweet new BBQ's since my last visit. I'll be staying there over Super Bowl weekend so that is most likely where I'll be, bbq'ing by the pool, enjoying the game. As a business traveler, I have a few must-haves when selecting a hotel; a clean room, consistency (as in consistently friendly staff who remember your name and consistently clean updated rooms, and wifi [and non-smoking]). This property fits all those needs perfectly. Also, the management cares (which is super important as well); they all go above and beyond to make you happy and remember who you are upon arrival (this maybe a small detail but arriving after a coast-to-coast red-eye, it means the world). The rooms are nicely modern and clean with plenty of space...it's an all-around great property and I'm excited about the new renovations...book here without worry.

Room Tip: Check out the new BBQ's!

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This property is excellent for business travel in the Redwood Shores area. They have a full shuttle service to take you anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel and happy hour/socials every night at 5:00. Kyle at the front desk was particularly friendly and helpful. I would strongly recommend this properly to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. Kyle will be happy to hear that all of his hard work has been appreciated. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in the future. We look forward to having you back!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is great if you have an extended stay. The 2-room suites are very spacious with couch, desk, table, full kitchen and then bedroom with ample sink/counter space and walk-in closet. As a business traveler, it is perfect to feel as if you have more of an apartment than a hotel room. Free breakfast and free parking are added bonuses. Outdoor seating and pool if it's warm enough to use. As a business traveler, the location didn't matter, however it should be noted that it is essentially right in the middle of an office park with nothing around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we hope to see you back soon on your next trip to the area. Please let me know if you ever need assistance for a future booking.
SW UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here last summer and will repeat this summer whilst visiting family. The hotel is clean, good location and the suites are nice and big and comfortable. What makes it though is the staff are so helpful and friendly. Breakfast is fine, evening social hour good too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar, we preferred a ground floor room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing th HYATThouse Belmont. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you back soon!
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had been there in the Summerfield Suites for more than 2 months. It is an awesome hotel with very good service, neat, nice breakfast, friendly staff..They have nice swimming pool, business meeting room, gym..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing the HYATThouse Belmont. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you return soon!!!!
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I don't have a great impression of suite type of hotels, but I was pleasantly surprised.at this hotel.
The hotel is clean, great location, rooms are nice, and breakfast is another pleasant surprise.
I was there for 4 nights.

---Hotel:
Unassuming look as you drive up. The rooms are suites with bedroom(s), living room area, small dining area and kitchen. They are targeted at long term stays, but accomadate short term hotel stays nicely. The location is situated amongst low office buildings and nice neighborhoods, very near Oracle offices, with lagoons and estuaries separating neighborhoods. Part of the hotel fronts a man-made pond/small lake. The hotel is 3 stories, no elevator, some suites face interior area, some exterior facing.

Work out room: better than most. simple, smallish and heavily used. get there at 6:00am. 6:30 and it's busy.

For Runners or Walkers: many nice bike/walk paths along lagoons and estuaries available from front door. with many different runs to pick from. I ran multiple 6milers in morning. All routes are flat and go for 10++ miles. Best running hotel i've been to.
---Room:
I had an exterior room (631) facing the west on 3rd floor. I ask for rooms that quiet and high. The desk clerk said he has heard from a few other guests that they can hear a neighboring freeway (the 101), but he shook his head and didn't agree. The freeway is across a field and estuary. The rooms are well insulated. I could only hear very faint sounds from the freeway, an occasional loud motorcycle while watching TV. No earplugs needed.

Kitchen is nice and seems ready for multi-week/month guest. Since I was there only 4 nights I only used it to make coffee in the morning (bought coffee at a local Target), put OJ and creamer in frig, and to-go boxes. The kitchen was nice.

Bedroom was nice. Good bed, comfortable. TV in bedroom didn't get good reception.
Bathroom area: OK, nothing fancy.

Living Room area: good, comfortable sofa, nice TV (with good reception).
Front door didn't close well. At night with lights off, i could see exterior lights around entire door perimeter. And the lows were in the 30's! The door just didn't make a good seal.
**I told the desk clerk after breakfast. when I returned in the evening it was fixed!!
**Not only did the door have additional weather stripping installed, but it latched nicely.

---Breakfast: was included. In the main hotel building. It was probably the best "breakfast included" I've seen in this class of hotels. Much more than the usual stale bagel, old banana, forgettable yogurt. Several hot dishes (breakfast sausge, scrambled eggs, pancakes/waffles), cereals, bagels, breads, fruits, etc. Also juices and coffee. It was surprising.
**suggestions: get better coffee (I made mine in the room), provide stryo-boxes to make
carrying back to room easier.

---Resturants: Not terribly close, but not far. BJ's, Red Robin are probably 4miles. Many in nearby small communities. Just need to find the good ones (there are some that are forgettable).

---Summary: If I'm in this area again I would return. There is a Sofitel nearby but I prefer the apartment style of this hotel. And this hotel costs less.

Room Tip: Interior facing are very quiet. But exterior aren't very noisey. It's located in very quiet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment on our hotel. We appreciate all feedback and I am happy to here your door was fixed promptly. We look forward to having you back and have a wonderful day!
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We used to stay here frequently back in 2001/2002 when it was called summerfield suites and loved it, however, our recent stay was TERRIBLE.

We checked in to the two bed trio suite (1 king bed & two queen beds) on Dec 21 for our week stay. We slept in the king bed in one room and our 2 kids in the queen beds in the other room. In the room with the two queen beds, we noticed the ceiling was patched up with star sticker next to it and the bed directly underneath was a much older and harder than the other bed in the room but thought nothing of it.

**First issue - both rooms leaked (pictures of both rooms below)
On the first night my daughter (sleeping in the older/ harder bed) had a nightmare, so I ended up in the bed with her, at about 4am I heard a sound which turned out to be a ceiling leak directly onto my sleeping daughter. So, I took her into our bed in the other room and heard another leak near the window, there was a hole above the window sill. At this point we had enough and called front desk to advise them of the situation.We were advised there were no more trios (1 king/2 queens) available, but they could offer us a suite with 1 king & 1 queen bed. This did not suit us, so we decided to stay in the leaky room until the next day. By the morning, a chunk of the ceiling plaster had fallen on the bed where my daughter had slept.

We believe that they knew about the potential problem but placed us in the room anyway. In the first leaky room (2 queen beds), there was a star sticker and a large plaster patch on the ceiling, and an old hard mattress under the leak. In the other leaky room (king bed), the two holes in the plaster where the leak came from were large and unmistakable.

Although we got assistance with our luggage when changing rooms and although we did not get charged for the night, it wasn't sufficient compensation after losing sleep, repacking and moving - our day was ruined due to lack of sleep.

**Second issue - the bites (picture below)
On Dec 26th my son had several bites on his inner thighs, which had the characteristics bed bugs. After advising the front desk, we were told they had never had a case of bed bugs but just in case, they moved us into another room for the night (without our luggage) - again, a room with 1 king & 1 queen bed was available, but we took it anyway.

The next day, we had to pack everything up again and move our things into another room. When we checked out on Dec 28, we were told the room had been inspected by a pest control company and no bed bugs were found. We were relieved to hear this, but still have our doubts as the bites had all the characteristics of those we researched on the internet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HyattSuitesBelmont, General Manager at HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I am sincerely sorry to hear about your issues as it is our intent to satisfy every guest on every stay. We would never intentionally put a guest in a room that we know had a leak. Unfortunately there was an issue with the guest room above you and I am sorry that it affected your stay. We did have a third party pest control company come to inspect your room due to the complaint of bites and there was no bug activity found in the room. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this in detail or if you would like for us to send you a copy of the report. I would love the opportunity to have you come back in the future so that we can make amends for your past stay. Thank you!

Been to HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores? Share your experiences!