“Horrible staff and shady people everywhere!” 2 of 5 stars

You added Motel 6 Los Angeles - Bellflower to your Saves list
Motel 6 Los Angeles - Bellflower
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   17220 Downey Avenue, Bellflower, CA 90706   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bellflower
“Horrible staff and shady people everywhere!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The manager at this particular location is rude and plays favorites with his guest. He seams to cater to the people that actually live in this hotel, not those who are just visiting! The houskeepers are lazy and I had to beg for my room to get cleaned! This place is filthy with shady people, parties and loud craziness!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Our room was clean and neat. The swimming pool looked attractive, although we did not use it. During our short stay we met the manager, assistant manager, and two desk clerks--all of whom were friendly. There is some freeway noise due to the proximity of the 91 freeway, but freeway access can also be a good thing. There were a couple of restaurants within walking distance which was convienient.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

My family and My work colleagues had all ways had a plasure of the prices that Motel 6 offers that is way we allways Pick Motel 6 but in the past year there quality that Makes them Better than other Motel is gone Down hill. they just lost a loyal guess Sorry. but is True..... no more Motel 6 for My family or Business Trips////

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

Check in was easy but I was not prepared for all the kids running up and down the hallways right outside my room til all hours in the early am. Between that and this lady who did nothing but scream at her kids, I did not ever get a comfortable rest. Would I stay there again? No way! The bedspread had many scratchy holes in it and the security in the parking lot gave me pause. What the heck warranted this?

• Liked — quick check in
  • Disliked — all the screaming kids and adults alike!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

48 a night? they charged me 70! Never stay hear unless you like to feel like your in a gang movie!

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

We would have been better off staying in the trash bin located next to the parked diesels and Budwieser freeway sign. At least the hum from the diesles running all night and 605 freeway traffic put us to sleep

Love this place - after all - Its the Friendly city

Stayed January 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2004

I went to LA for ALL-Star Weekend (Celebrity basketball) the weekend of Feb 14th. To avoid paying $200 a night for a room in downtown LA I opted to find something in the surrounding area for cheaper. I guess you get what you pay for. When I called to get directions the front desk people didnt know how to tell me how to get there. I finally found the hotel and checked in. They had just started a new policy where you cant have visitors after 11pm and threatened to tow anyone who was not a registered guest, so each time I went in and out of the parking lot I had to give the security guard my name and room which was very fustrating considering it was only a Motel 6. When I got to the room and requested extra towels I was told I had to go down to the front desk and get them myself. When I went down to the front desk I had to wait for about 15 minutes because there was an irate woman who wanted to get her belongings out of a room she checked out of and they wouldnt let her, I finally got my towels and retired for the night, the next day when I called to get directions on how to get to downtown LA of course the front desk couldnt tell me how to get there (which was strange considering it was only about 20 minutes away) They didnt even have a pen I could borrow to write directions with. Room service only came in to throw the beds together, they only emptied our trash once in our 3 days there. Each night I had to go to the front desk to get more towels and when I did spot a housekeeping person and asked for towels I was told that I had to go to the other side of the hotel and ask another gentleman! Overall for $55.00 a night on a busy weekend I guess thats what you can expect from a Motel 6. Just be sure to come equipt with your own pen and be prepared to chase down clean towels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellflower
Studio Inn And Suites
Days Inn Stonewood
Days Inn Stonewood
#3 of 8 in Downey
4.0 of 5 stars 137 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles - Bellflower? Share your experiences!