“Booked last minute for NYE.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bell Gardens
Fullerton, California
“Booked last minute for NYE.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Decided to attend an event in LA last minute and came across this hotel for only $115. Was a little worried after reading some of the reviews until I realized they were 4yrs old. Anyways, the hotel staff was friendly and accommodating, the lobby was large and clean.

We got a room on the second floor which was clean and had a large fridge and plenty of towels and other linens. I am not a smoker and was glad that there was no smell of cigarettes at all throughout the hotel.

I found the area safe (I drive a new chrysler 300) and wasnt worried at all about leaving it there over night. Overall great experience, the only reason I didnt give it 5 stars was because the fridge temp didnt get as cold as needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager139, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your correspondence from January 2, 2014. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, our amenities and takes the time to say thank you.

Best Regards,
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

After a long distance driving to LA and arrived at the hotel almost 1a.m., but was told by the reception, Miss Idarya, that there were no confirmation of our booking despite we have made the booking and paid to agoda more than a month ago. The receptionist shows no empathy of how exhausted we were and told us that it's our problem with agoda and should resolve it ourselves. So while trying to reason out with her, she didn't want to help at all and started telling us we were nasty, we should watch out our tone and can throw us out of the hotel if she want to, please take note we didn't do as much as raising our voice that we deserve an answer like that. So in the end, we needed to make an international call to agoda to get this resolve. Agoda recognized the problem, and when I asked the agoda representative to talk to receptionist so she could give us a room, she once again refused, saying it's not her problem; agoda should call the hotel instead. This is indeed worst receptionist I ever met in my life. So agoda called and finally she was willing to give us a room. While early on during our conversation with the reception, she said she could give us a free upgrade if she believed there is mistake, but later told us she would rather give another customer an upgrade when they check in later than giving it to us, because we were not nice enough. What was that? This is really the worst experience from any receptionists of any hotel at all. Now I doubt I would book with the same hotel chain. I wish if Miss Idarya could be more professional and suggested a different solution such as calling agoda on behalf of us or something like that, I believe I would wrote a complete different review instead. And to add on the list, the receptionist didn’t return our credit card until the next morning and told our relatives who called that we have checked out despite we were still in the hotel. My final comment is to stay away from this hotel if you can.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager139, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. I apologize for the misunderstanding that took place at our front desk during your recent stay at our hotel. I have discussed her attitude with entire staff and they join me in offering a sincere apology for her behavior. Please be assured a poor attitude by any of our staff members will not be tolerated at our hotel.

I am unable to locate your reservation/stay information from the information you've provided.

Please contact me directly at gm.ca139@choicehotels.com for further assistance. This way we can investigate further on what happened with the original reservation.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. It provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Comfort Inn & Suites - Bell Gardens
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Bell Gardens is not a tourist destination, nor is it a pretty city. The hotel is just off I-710 between Long Beach and East Los Angeles. I was upgraded to a suite, which was nice, except it had only one air conditioning unit, making half of the suite cold, while the other side was hot. The bed, shower, internet, and service were fine. I did not eat the breakfast. Aside from the issue with the temperature of the room for the first 3 hours, it was fine. In fact, I would stay again as an alternative to more expensive decent hotels closer to Long Beach, LAX, or downtown LA.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager139, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this review, September 25, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed our FREE Wi-Fi and comfortable Bed in our Suite room.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. It provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future.

Howell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Clean nice location close to food casino Walmart and restaurants. Room was big and beds were comfy bathroom was clean and AC was cold. Wifi was great no issues with connecting and getting work done at night.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager139, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites for your recent stay in Bell Gardens. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, WiFi in our hotel and the surrounding areas like Casino and Walmart.

We hope to see you again soon.

Comfort Inn & Suites
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Positives:
Checked in late Friday night on April 26th. I had just driven into town from Las Vegas. The night auditor Ylayda was very pleasant from the beginning. I called and checked on availability for that night. She made my reservation over the phone and put me at ease. When I arrived I noticed the beautiful lobby. But what really caught my attention was the warm greeting from Ylayda. She defined the meaning of an inn keeper and being hospitable. I stayed 2 nights and each time Ylayda made me feel at home. I will no longer stay anywhere else when I'm in town thanks to her.

Areas needing attention:
As I walked down the hallway and towards my room I noticed that the carpets were in dire need of some cleaning. Walls could use some TLC. The room felt clean but being someone that works in hotels I inspect my rooms wherever I stay. I have emailed the GM directly a few observations. I will point out that the room was well appointed and that in no way did I find anything that would jeopardize my stay. I firmly believe that housekeeping, maintenance, and the front office all need to be in sync to provide guests with the most pleasant experience. In this stay I will say housekeeping was average, maintenance was subpar, and the front office exceeded my expectations. Again I want to personally mention Ylayda whom I would endorse as a director of operations. Her passion and professionalism definetly stood out during my stay. She's a keeper and the Comfort Inn is very fortunate to have her. She's a great ambassador of hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager139, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Comfort Inn & Suites, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

Thank you for sharing wonderful words about our Guest Service Agent. I will personally share this kind words and review with our entire staff. She is a great asset to our wonderful hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel is very good located. Not bad in relation to the cost. I was going to book for a whole month, but the manager was very aggressive. We would not be able to relax in the restaurant/lobby at night. She has terrible service towards customers. Because of her attitude I decided to move to another hotel. Internet was not available in the rooms, although it is supposed to be everywhere in the hotel.

Room Tip: Dont stay on the first level floors. Internet is not available, and rooms are noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager139, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor. We are grateful and thankful for your response. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had to go through. We are very disappointed to hear about your recent stay with us. We have addressed your concerns with our maintenance and guest service agents. Your comment will not be ignored. It is our goal to be sure that every guest has the most wonderful experience in our wonderful hotel. We always strive to give the best service and the best hospitality to all of our guests. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review we sincerely appreciate it.bThank you again for your comments and if you are ever in the area again in near future, we would love to have you and ask for myself to better serve you.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a frequent traveler to LA/Hollywood/Commerce for both business and pleasure, I'm constantly expanding my base of hotels and places to stay depending on the needs of the trip. Every time I come to commerce, I stay at Commerce Casino. Last few visits, I have tried Bicycle Casino. Great small poker casino. This hotel is right across it. WOW, Hugh plus.

I'm glad I had the recent opportunity to stay at the Comfort Inn, not only due to its convenient location for my purposes, but also for its value and decent service.

Rooms were fairly clean, price was fair, and Checkin was exceptionally friendly and we had only booked for one night as it was busy the second night but they were able to fit us in which was great. Not much more to ask when you're going to be spending minimal time in your room but need a solid place to sleep and refresh. I never tried their free breakfast, but it was full house in the morning.

We will be sure to add this hotel to our list as a top value place to stay when I’m back in Los Angeles.

BTW, Tripadvisor sticker on the front entrance door made me write this review. signs states, "recently reveiwed on tripadvisor" Please Rate this hotel

Room Tip: Room in back side are Wonderful, away from the main street
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager139, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Bell Gardens, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you very much for making your very first TA review about your experiences here at our hotel. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. Again, Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with our hotel and team. We know that travel can be stressful even when everything goes according to plan. We want all our guests to be happy that they chose to stay with us and do everything we can to exceed their expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Best Regards,
Director of Operations

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Bell Gardens? Share your experiences!