“Cozy Inn by the Bay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Baywood Park B&B and Inns
Monrovia, California
“Cozy Inn by the Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay in Los Osos. The Back Bay Inn was perfect for lounging around or accessing the Montana de Oro State Park- a must see! The breakfast was provided at the cafe across the way and was very yummy. We also enjoyed the afternoon wine and snacks. Will definitely be back to this b & b for more r & r.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were so glad we discovered this little spot located on a beautiful bay. Our room was very affordable and came with an amazing breakfast at the Bayback Cafe, a staple with the locals. Our room was nothing fancy, but very clean and the bed was SUPER comfortable. The Inn's beautiful grounds make up for any aesthetic lacking in the rooms. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This inn has had so many good reviews already. I am just adding to the voices. It was everything people said. Lovely views, quiet, good breakfasts. What I also liked is that it is completely unpretentious. If you want a place to "see and be seen" this is not it! If you like casual and friendly people, especially people with dogs, this is the spot. There is a public path along the bay just outside that goes for miles. Our room was large and the bed was very confortable. Everything is clean and neat, if a bit dated. Overall it was very pleasant and I recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This inn is marvelous! It sits right on the water, has a beautiful, well -kept garden, and the rooms are comfy and cozy. There's a "wine reception" every night that is neat and gives it a bit of a B&B feeling. Breakfast is in the cafe just outside, and it is to DIE for. And, there is a great little preserve just across the bay, a 10 minute walk/ 2 minute drive.

Room Tip: The 3xx rooms are a few steps away from the main building - they're still great, but I'm pre...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cayucos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Picture in your mind a comfy cozy patio for two. See yourself wrapped in a throw enjoying a glass of wine, watching the tide go out of the back bay. You are entertained by white pelicans, grebes and buffleheads as they feed in organzied frenzy. Bring your spotting scope, binoculars and bird book. For dinner, I suggest Thai food from the restaurant one block away (Nois). Get a good night's sleep in a very quiet room. Wake up to the tide waters back in the bay, the return of the fishing birds and breakfast at the Back Bay Cafe. The room could use some sprucing, but you won't be looking at the room.

Room Tip: On Monday's you can pick up room snacks at the Farmer's Market (2pm - 4pm). Have sweat shir...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a tranquil, rural B&B run by the owner. The staff are friendly and efficient there is on site parking and the Inn is close to what there is of a town centre.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and large. All rooms seem to have a view across the well kept garden out over the bay. At 5pm there is a wine reception, which is a nice touch, the wine is regularly topped up so as not to run out. I thought all the guests would be together but everyone took their wine and snacks back to their room. Given that it was such a beautiful evening this was actually the sensible thing to do. We, like the others, sat on our terrace outside our room and sipping our wine, enjoyed watching the sun go down and the tide come in. A really peaceful way to end the day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Well, here we try again - 3rd attempt at reviewing the service & attitude for this Inn.
To be clear, my experience is for poor phone customer service, and bad attitude towards me as a customer.
This review is relevant to other travelers doing research for places with friendly, great, customer service, and important for travelers planning trips to family-friendly locations..
The first person I spoke to was polite, my only complaint with her was there was an extra 3rd person charge not mentioned / discussed to me when booking. My issue was with MaryKay's phone service, and less-than-polite attitude towards helping a brand new customer and visitor to the area.
We originally booked a room, yet later found (not explained or pointed out to me up front) they were charging an extra $50 per night for our son ($100 total extra for 2 nights).
When I questioned this, I received very curt and 'stony' answers, and no offer of compromise whatsoever. The justification I got for the 3rd person xtra charge was "we have to make up a second bed". (So, if only 2 of us had stayed, but slept in both beds, would they charge us for making the xtra bed?!)
When I said "I'll need to reconsider", there was again an "attitude", no offer or attempt to retain my business whatsoever. When I did in fact call to cancel, silence & curtness again.

I booked across the street with Baywoon Inn, and would stay there again in a hearbeat - - they are much friendlier, and willing to accomodate. Baywoon Inn was great!
I see people have positive reviews of Back Bay, however, we will never even try there again solely based on the poor service we received - it was totally uninviting, and I wasn't willing to give them my money for treating me like that.
We saved the extra money by not staying here, and were able to put it towards a third night elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Back Bay Inn? Share your experiences!