“Over priced shanty” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Hanford, California
“Over priced shanty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to join Duceys for their annual Thanksgiving buffet with high hopes. Our expectations were soon shattered. Upon arrival we checked into the restaurant lobby with two gals, whom seated us promptly to a window table as requested. The service was adequate, what you would typically expect from a buffet. However, the thing that really troubled me, and is the reason for this review... while in line for my second plate, I encountered an uncomfortable situation. There was a well-dressed asian woman only what I can assume was attending the buffet line. Her actions were questionable based on the fact that she was scooping the food from the table, and placing it back in the bowls, as well as scooping the excess food off of the spoons with her fingers, and returning the spoon to the table. At this point, I lost my appetite and could not finish my meal. As this was a special outing for my husband and I, I did not feel comfortable making a scene and attracting attention away from others lovely holiday meal. In conclusion, my overall experience was crushed based on this troublesome observation. I will not be returning to this establishment.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Mariposa, California
“Very good all the way around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We enjoyed a very good thanksgiving dinner here. Nice view of the lake, excellent service. On line reservations for this busy day was prompt. The price was very reasonable for the large selection offered. The upstairs bar also has grill food and an even better view of the lake.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakhurst, California
“Duceys”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Our family used to go to Ducey's for breakfast every Sunday after church before they changed ownership. We rarely go as often as we did as per the waitress on duty and the Chef told us they use margarine instead of butter (allergy reasons). So, that leaves little to choose from off the menu. We have gone to their Thanksgiving Buffet and it is average. They have Peel and eat Shrimp which I love, Prime Rib and Turkey. IF Tenaya Lodge was lower in their rates on Thanksgiving we would have gone there. Ducey's was the cheapest and that is the main reason we will be going tomorrow and yes, I will bring my own butter. :) In Customer Service we would want to rate it a "2". We had to call back 5 times about our reservations. The first time it was a recording to leave a message and they would call back. Never did. The next 2 times we called they transferred us to the kitchen, which they never knew why. The next time a lady answered that you could not even understand her at all. Finally yesterday someone called.
I will post after about our dining experience tomorrow. Ducey's is on open for Breakfast and Dinner. Lunch you go upstairs to the bar and grill.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, Florida
“Good place for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a nice breakfast here. Good food with unique atmosphere and a view of the lake. Breakfast was reasonable price. Dinners looked a little high. Probably are excellent based on how good breakfast was.

Visited September 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stopped in there for dinner tonight with my wife and brother. The food was great and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the view of the sunset over Bass Lake after dinner. Great place!