“Great hamburgers” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Bass Lake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Friendly family fun in a 50 diner setting. Home of the famous "Forks Burger". Patio dining available. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Homemade Chili, soups, & dressings. Hand dipped Malts and Shakes. Family owned and operated for over 70 years. Cabin rentals, boat rental and the best selection of Bass Lake souvenirs.
Torrance, California
“Great hamburgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nothing tastes better at lunch than a burger and a beer. They grill a great tasting hamburger and have a nice selection of beers.

Oakhurst,CA
“Burgers at Bass Lake doesn't get much better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have lived up here for 20 years....The Forks Restaraunt is something I look forward to like coming home....sure the menu is not big, the food is not fancy..it is f resh....and if you sit at the counter you can watch everything...your food being made, your dishes being washed and it is all very clean. The owner's I am proud to know and are onsite...they live like 50 feet away and are dedicated to a good product...its a toss up...Iced tea at the Pizza factory specailly made for me or the Forks...both excellent....the burgers great...I like their egg salad sandwich which is so yummy and home made ....I hate to say that in 20 years I have only ordered forks burgers and the egg salad..breakfast is good too..I went to the forks for french toast June 8 for my b-day....for me it is the food great, the atmosphere, and the lake....I drive by it all winter waiting waiting...for it to open..I am a serviceman in the area...so when I get a call to Bass Lake..." I say I have an appointment available just after lunch ...will that work for you.?"..cause I am going to the Forks..for lunch...thank you staff at the Forks usual order is the Forks burger with fries and a salad...not quite on the menu but they will do it...have fun and enjoy the Bazooka gum a tradition...get your Iced tea to go like I do....by the way this place is very busy at peak times so it takes a bit for the staff....they work hard as you will see but it is a lot of work for a little place

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
portland, oregon
“Good views and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The menu is limited but I chose the chili which was home made and good value. The service is very good and friendly

Coarsegold, California
“You gotta try a Forks Burger-no doubt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Yes, the burger at the Forks--Don't miss it! It is one of the classic Bass Lake experiences and for dessert there are those frozen oatmeal cookies with the ice cream in-between-flying saucers I think we called them.

Visited April 2012
Bass Lake, California
“Only opened for the season”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We have breakfast (fluffy pancakes) here when guests come to visit us at the lake and we don't feel like cooking. Also if we are out skiing on the lake we stop here for a Hamburger. They give you a bazooka bubble gum with the afternoon and evening bill. Only opened for the season.