“Must-stop place before you leave Cabazon Outlet...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 50 Restaurants in Banning
Cuisines: Mexican
California
“Must-stop place before you leave Cabazon Outlet...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Ok...I was seriously debating if I should share this you all crazy tourists/international outlet shoppers, because I don't want to wait in the long line next time I go there...but I also feel guilty for not sharing it, so here it is.

Well, I don't know how many of you would consider Morango Casino for some gambling or Cabazon Factory Outlet to fill your shopping crave when you are in Southern California for vacation. Yet, if you are thinking about it, you MUST give Crazy Coyote Tacos a shot or you will be very sorry for not trying it. It is now my husband, my sister, and many of my friends, and my must-go place for lunch or dinner before I start or end my shoppind day at the outlet stores.

Location: It's right at the end of road in the front of the Cabazon Factory Outlet Stores. You will head to the ramp onto 10 West FWY but when you see the stop sign, instead of turn left, look and go straight, you will find yourself in the food stand's restaurant. They used to put a big dinosaur in the front but removed it...not sure why.

This little place is not fancy at all and it serves nothing but Mexican food: tacos, burritos, quesadillas, guacamole, salsa...etc.; it doesn't even have a restroom. It's almost like a trailer home converted to a food stand with a patio covered by metal sheets and few tables in the front. This gives you the option to eat there or to-go. The parking lot fits no more than 10 cars. However, the food here will leave you craving for them for years to come. My favorite has always being the fish tacos -- wrapped in a thick, chewy hand-made corn tortilla are the deep-fried, crispy fish topped with onion, cilantro, and their home-made salsa and dill cucumber sauce....it's heaven!! That dill sauce is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! It will hit the spot especially after you've tired yourself from a day of crazy shopping or gambling.

You can get a fish taco combo plate with 2 fish tacos, rice and beans and a bottle of water or soda for $8.00. And they will be enough to fill your hungry stomach. They are also known for their GIANT burritos. Everything else average about $6.50 USD. The food are made to order, so it does require some wait time. Be patient. It's well worth it!

As much as I rather seeing you all head down to the close-by McDonald's and stuff yourself with those nasty fries and burgers for lunch/dinner so I don't have to wait in the long line, I think I am obligated to share a great local restaurant/food stand in that area. It's the best that only the true locals knows. I am going to give them a TripAdvisor sticker the next I go there. I forgot to bring it with me today!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Riverside, California
“My favorite stop in the area ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Whenever I am in the area, I make it a point to stop here. The food is great and the service is friendly. It is not a restaurant, but a taco stand with some tables outside. That there are always people eating there, no matter what time of day speaks for itself.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Roadie food for Regular people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Really good place to stop for a quasi-adventure, this is a bare bones roadside stand near the outlets with home made tacos.... for the most part. The taquitos are not made there; the chips tasted like Tostitos. The Ghost salsa is incredibly hot. The Giant Taco is really good because of the cilantro and chicken. All taco shells are large and soft, really delicious. I would skip the fish taco -- the fish was too fried. Very nice people working there.

• Visited February 2012