“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park

You added Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park to your Saves list
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14635 Baldwin Park Towne Center, Baldwin Park, CA 91706   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Baldwin Park
Foster City, California
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Bed was comfortable and our room was clean. I would have given a 5 star if the ice box was cleaned. I also like it that the hotel no longer put stuff in the fridge. It is now left clean and empty which is very considerate of them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Henry Z, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
Dear Cathy R,

Thank you for stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Baldwin Park. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we failed short to meet your expectations on this trip. Our goal is to address your converns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience in your next visit.
I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping department to pay more attention to the condition of the refrigerators, I'm glad to hear that your room was clean and your bed comfortable.
Please keep us in mind the next time you are in towne, we would love to have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Henry Z.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wonder Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed here while visiting jobs all over the LA area. It is convenient to one of the express ways and just far enough back to reduce the road noise so you hardly notice it.

There was a great view of the mountains from the rooms that are even, example 820. The rooms stay dark at night. There is minimal ambient noise inside the rooms. The workout room is better than most because it has more than just a treadmill and an elliptical.

They rooms was clean beyond reproach and the mini fridge stays cold. Just be sure to adjust the thermostat if you have frozen items like ice cream.

The only issue I had was the lack of places to eat nearby.
Yes there is a Denny's and the like but this is not in the heart of any traditional tourist areas so if you want something you have to explore. But you can find a nice treat if you do.

The hotel exceeded what I expected from a Courtyard.

Room Tip: Rooms that are even, like 820, you have a great view of the mountains. I think the other side is a v...
Green Features: They have all the signage that they try to be green. I did not see anything that shocked or impressed me.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jasski,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your comments and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the view to the mountains and our workout room too.
We hope you are returning to the Courtyard by Marriott in the near future. It will be our pleasure to be of service to you again.

Henry Z.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Felt welcomed by staff as soon as I step foot on the property. Check-in was quick and easy and my status was quickly acknowledged. Lobby is spacious with the typical Courtyard décor. As a bonus, I was travelling on business on a government rate and breakfast vouchers were included in the rate. I've only stayed at a couple of Courtyards in the Orange County area and neither offered breakfast, so this was a great perk at this location.

Rooms are a good size, fitness center is clean and machines look new. Overall, very pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Henry Z, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Rafa D,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I'm happy to hear that your stay at our facility went well. I will share your comments with my staff, I'm sure all will be very pleased with your review.
Please take the time to visit our location again whenever you are in town.

Henry Zamora
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was in town for a funeral, and I stayed here mostly because my dad had hotel points. We had three rooms and they were all fine: spacious, very clean, nice view of the residential neighborhood. The small cafe in the lobby offered a decent breakfast (egg sandwiches, french toast, coffee, pastries), and we visited the bar a few times in the evening and liked the comfortable seating and booths in the back room. My biggest issue with this hotel was the service. When I checked in and asked for help with my luggage, the receptionist pointed at a heavy luggage cart, implying that I should help myself. (I understand if the hotel does not provide this amenity, but a sincere explanation would've been nice.) When I tried to print out the funeral eulogy in the business center, the staff told me the wrong information, twice, about how to work the printer. Upon checkout, we found out we'd been overcharged for one of the rooms. It took about an hour to sort things out. The location of this hotel is excellent if you have business or other activities nearby, but I left with the feeling that the guests are an afterthought.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lesley,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that your stay did not go very well. We try our best to provide our valued customers with nothing but excellent service and this time we failed to meet our own expectations. Please accept our most sincere apology, it was not our intention to make these mistakes. I did review your billing issues and noticed that everything got cleared out upon your departure.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Henry Zamora
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Went to visit friends in family in West Covina and San Dimas. The hotel is located close to restaurants and coffee shops. Very near to the iconic In-N-Out burger of Baldwin Park. I requested for an early check in but the hotel was packed, so I have to wait till 3pm. Hassle free check in and check out. Loved the location. A definite return is expected in this hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Room near the pool over looking I-10
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Grants Pass, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Oh, I wanted to love this place. The location is pretty convenient - close to restaurants and a pretty nice mall. The staff members I encountered were friendly but there were just little things about our room that made it just a little less than a "very good" stay. The room was nice, but the bathroom could use a make-over. Why? The toilet is sooooo low and the toilet paper dispenser is far away! My husband complained that it was like sitting on a potty-training toilet...and it was a pretty accurate description. Also the shower/tub combo didn't drain properly so my feet were submersed in water while I showered. Didn't eat at the Bistro or use the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment on that. Our room had a fridge and an ok sized TV, pretty standard. Not a bad stay overall, the place just could use a little bit of improvement to make it top notch.

Stayed May 2014
Henry Z, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear OregonJen,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we do appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.
We will definitely put this information to work by making improvements the areas you mentioned in your review.
We hope to be of service to you and to your family in the near future.

Henry
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This Courtyard in Baldwin Park was a lot better than I expected. Upon my arrival, they had staff on hand to check me in and they told me all of the amenities. In comparison to a many other Marriott properties, they have good service, but just missing that little extra WOW factor. I got there right when happy hour was starting at their bistro so I stopped by for a few beers. I had the same experience with the bartenders who were very nice, but could of had that extra "it factor" for a better experience.The prices were moderate for a hotel happy hour but the selection was weak. So I got up to the room and it was immaculate! Rooms were quite spacious and very clean. I was in the room next to the elevator and I didn't hear any noise at all. We were also on the side closest to the freeway and we didn't hear that either. Courtyard's don't have free breakfast but they did give me coupons for breakfast and dinner which was a great touch. The local area is known to be slightly "rougher" for that part of the area, but whilst at the hotel, I experienced nothing but pleasantness.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park? Share your experiences!