“Fabulous chicken moles” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous chicken moles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We go to Juan's whenever we visit Southern Califirnia. The mole sauce options are delicious, from sweet to spicy, although the chicken breast was overcooked the last time we were there. The almond/strawberry/coconut ices were absolutely delicious. Try this restaurant; it's worth the trip!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Southern California
“Authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

This is our favorite Mexican restaurant. They are open 365 days a year. They make many different kinds of tamales, as well as homemade flour and corn tortillas. I love fideo, and it is delicious. My husband and I have eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner there. Everything is authentic and delicious. We also go to their location located at 14276 Amar Road in La Puente. Try this restaurant if you are in the area!

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Amazing culinary experience. Great service and warm environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I've got to thank all the reviewers for sharing. This made me try this INCREDIBLE restaurant. I could be Juan's spokesperson- it's that good. From the customer service- the friendliest little waiter, to the pleasant decor to the amazing food. The food is superb. It is super fresh and not something you are gonna get everywhere. I try to find great places at good prices and places that serve interesting stuff. THIS is 1 of those places. I will take everyone I know here.

Great mole and emapanadas. The chicken was cooked to perfection. Also had a good portobello dish for a vegetarian. Had never tried cactus tortillas before- they were excellent. Margaritas are only $4 on REGULAR price! Wow! And they weren't small either! Try their agua frescas as well. All very tasty!

If you like good food at a decent price in a decent environment with great customer service, then come here. This is not the place for chain restaurant loving people, for people that enjoy going to chains that have their food shipped in and warmed up or mircrowaved. This is cuisine at a fair price!

Also need to add that they had a little bit of music going on as well. This was another nice addition.
Thanks, Juan!