“Nice Touch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Touch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Like new with a great staff and all the little Priority Club perks I like....and....they give you. A Rubber Duckie in the bathroom....nice touch!!! Greeted and thanked for my Priority status and given some sweet discount for breakfast or dinner. If you have to be in Bakersfield ...this is a safe choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Jeffdblak,

Thank you for your recent stay. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our local Priority Club perks as well as, the Rubber Duckie. On behalf of our staff we thank you for reviewing our facility and letting us provide your hospitality needs. Your business is greatly appreciated.

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before. I still love it, the beds, breakfast, pool, staff but I never want to stay in suite 208 again. The first morning I woke to the sound of a trash truck picking up trash. We had our 2 granddaughters and thought it would be too much trouble to change rooms. Surely the trash wasn't picked up every day. No but delivery trucks come every day. I did discuss this with the front desk and in the future will be sure we don't get a room at this end of the building. Especially on or near the kitchen area! Yes I will stay again but will be sure to make my request known.

Room Tip: The second floor near the kitchen might not be too your liking if you plan to sleep in.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Suann_60

Thank you for your recent stay. I apologize to you and your family regarding our delivery service. We truly value your business and want to make it right the next around.

As you mentioned, after speaking with a GSR. We have followed up in making sure your accommadation request are noted in your profile for your next visit. Once again, thank you for your feedback and you contiuned business.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We literally crahsed here on the way up North having had a really long day travelling to the hotel and leaving early the next morning. Of what we experienced in the hotel, it was everything you really expect from an HI. Knoweldgeable and courtious staff, modern, clean hotel and a comfy bed for the night. Perfect for what we needed but I cannot offer much more than that sorry!

We chose it as it was close to the main road but it is located in a quite industrial looking area, which I could imagine putting some people off. Although if you are staying in this area, you will have little choice in the matter as vitually all the hotels are clustered in the same area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear: BLWORLDTRAVELERS

Thank you for your recent stay as well as, the wonderful review you gave Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfied. We are very pleased to hear that we did well accomodating you and your party. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank You Again.

Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the first night my mother was in the hospital. I made my reservation at 4:30 the afternoon of the evening I found out that she was seriously injured, picking a Holiday Inn because I knew Holiday Inn Express hotels were always clean and provided breakfast. I arrived at the hotel at 11 pm and the reception desk person showed me where the breakfast was served. The quality of the hotel and the room was similar to the Holiday Inn Expresses I had been to, but more expensive than some of the other nearby hotels. It wasn't until the next morning that I found out breakfast was not included. other than that confusion, the hotel was just ok. Clean, comfortable bed and quiet room. Oh, and I had to ask for a refrigerator and microwave (good thing I asked, since breakfast wasn't included)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Havefun54,

Thank you for your recent stay. I truly apologize for the inconveinces you have experienced. We at the Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfield are working diligently to update our website so that the correct information is being provided when choosing your hotel. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience regarding your stay. Please accept my apologizes on behalf of our entire team. Thank you again for your feedback.

Sincerly,

Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I like to rotate my hotel chains as I travel. I had never stayed at this location before because of price being high however as a last minute travel this time I did not have much choice as other places were sold out. Long lead in to a positive review. I negotiated with the front desk for a king suite because all they had left for the standard kings were smoking rooms and I did not want that. The negotiated price was very acceptable and appreciated. The king suite has a nice living area with a seperate TV, couch, and chair along with a nice work desk. Everything clean as always with this chain. Room service was prompt and delicious. Great location. Will stay again

• Stayed October 2012
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear cgroll,

I am very pleased to know that ,we here at The Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfield were able to accomadate your recent visit. It is always a pleasure to exceed our Guest expectations. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding our facilaty. Thank you for giving us the opportunity in taken care of all your guest needs.

Best Regards,

San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed the night while in town for an event that was a couple miles away. Phone calls to the hotel in the days prior to heading down were great. Customer services from, and I wish I had her name but she had a spanish accent, was super helpful on the phone. I wish that customer service continued when I got there. Called the hotel when I arrived in town to see if there were any taxi recommendations - they gave me one that they said "frequented the hotel often." Long story short the Guardian Taxi they recommended - do not use.

Check in was probably the fastest check in I have ever had. Desk clerk made little to no eye contact and approached me with a "checking in" greeting. Didn't ask what brought me to town or any of the standard things that IHG properties are accustomed to. As a Priority Club Member got a granola bar and water.

Room: My biggest complaint was that on the website it does not clearly state what a King Bed Room is. On the Holiday Inn site it looked as if there was a sitting area in the room. Room 401 does not have that. Just a bed and the room could not be more any more than 450 sq. feet.
Room 401 is on the complete opposite side of the hotel. Either have to go up the main elevator and walk down a L shaped hallway or walk through the banquet/meeting room area, down the hall, around the corner, up the elevator and down the hall again once arriving on the 4th floor. The hotel seemed pretty empty so why I got put on the other side of the property is beyond me
As nice as it looks there is not enough space for all of the furniture. There is a dresser that the tv sits on as well as another long 6 drawer dresser. The pillows are shaped in squares that I had to untuck and fluffy up because they are just to hard to sleep on. Room is either too hot or too cold - thermostat one degree up is stuffy, one degree down is chilly. Bathroom is where the coffee pot is on the little counter space there is - should go on the large dresser. No towel rack to put a towel on to reach after getting out of the shower. Had to put it on the floor where the bathmat was
Chair was rock hard as well as the headboard - bed is on the firmer side. Desk is not functional at all. The chair sits to low while the desk height is too tall in comparison which meant going to the lobby to get work done

Restaurant: Ordered room service and it arrived in about 20 minutes (see pictures). Potato skins are good - recommend them. A bit on the pricey side for the size of them but they are worth it. Ordered the penne pasta as well and was disappointed that there was no chicken in it like described. By the time I noticed it was already too late and room service had closed with nobody answering the call. Breakfast in the morning is decent - nothing to write home about.

Amenities: Pool area is too warm that there is condensation on all the doors and windows. With that said the slate like tile around the pool is slippery to walk on because of all the moisture. When you open the door to get to the pool from the lobby you can step into the pool in about two to three feet. I feel bad for the cleaning lady because she escaped to sit on a treadmill with her cart sweating in the AC after cleaning the pool area. No jacuzzi as well which was a disappointment. Business center has one computer and for a hotel that has so many business guests from what I saw it seems inadequate.

Maintenance is needed! The outside of the property looks immaculate. Nice landscaping, etc that helps the eye sore of a recycling plant next door as well as what looks like a junkyard in the front of the hotel. What needs to be looked at is the room number sign that was on the floor that a few employees walked by and did nothing about as well as re-caulking the shower for the crack in the wall as well as whatever is growing in the corners.

Overall - for the price it was just average. There were about 5-6 other hotels I saw when driving up that ranked much higher on TripAdvisor that I will look into next time. Not looking for 5 star luxury but for a Holiday Inn - I've stayed in much better!

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher up floor but make sure it's a higher number room. Lower number rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to apologize to you for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay here at The Hoilday Inn & Suites North Bakersfield. I regret any disappointments or dissatisfation this may have caused. I appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention.

After reviewing all of the concerns regarding your stay, all members of our Management Team have taken further actions to correct any maintenance issues as well as, accommodation features mentioned.

We here at the The Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfield really appreciate your business. I know there are alot of hotels out there to choose from, I hope you will give us a second chance to make it right for you and, hopefully you will continue to use The Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfield or any IHG properties for you future plans.

Thank you again for your recent stay and feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything I can do for you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The beds, furniture, decor are modern, neat, rooms are clean. It's a good value. Though i didn't eat at the restaurant, i think it's convenient that there is one in the hotel. The indoor pool looks pretty decent. I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
Holiday Inn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Minatrips,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom as well as the value. It is rewarding for us here at The Holiday Inn & Suites North Bakersfield, to share your positive feedback with our Housekeeping Staff as well as, our Hospitality Team.

Once again, Thank you for the nice review. Hopefully on your next trip to Bakersfield you will have a chance to experience our Restaurant and Indoor heated pool. If there is anything I can do for your future traveling needs. Please don't hesistate to contact me personally at malindas@brightonmgt.com.

Best Regards,

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Bakersfield? Share your experiences!