“Great place, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue

You added Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3318 California Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #39 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Bakersfield, California
“Great place, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have stayed at the Extended Stay America many times now and I really enjoy it. It is my home away from home. The staff are extremely helpful and always sweet! I didn't try the breakfast but only because the rooms have dishes, pots, pans and a stove, so I made my own breakfast every morning. Which is delightful ! I have to eat out often due to so much traveling so I love when i can cook a home meal !

Room Tip: I was close to the freeway but it didn't bother me, I couldn't really hear it due to thick w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
April - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the service our staff provided, and your room, especially the kitchen where you could make all of your own meals. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff at this facility were the best in my experience of staying in hotels, which spas over 50 years. I was going to move out, when the desk people told me that they would make a resevation for me, even though there were no available rooms. They found one for me and kept me from spending too much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be one of the best you have ever visited and that our staff took such great care of you. I know that we truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very nice hotel just off Hwy 99. Near everything! Easy in and out. Hotel looks like they just refurbished the whole thing - rooms, grounds, parking. Large rooms with full kitchenettes including full size fridg, 2 burner electric stove, microwave, coffee maker, plates, pans, cups, dishes, silverware. Super clean bathroom. Comfy bed. Flat screen TV. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

we have stayed here about 4 to 5 times. each time room has been clean and comfortable, nothing fancy. the staff is very nice. we always requested a room at the front of motel away from freeway and trains, quiet. breakfast is a snack, but they have good coffee. we will be staying there again end of oct. Bakersfield can be hot, the air conditioner has always worked very well. we have family in the area so it is very convienent and reasonable. good value

Room Tip: rooms on the front are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Robert - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our staff provided you with such great service and that you like the coffee from the grab-and-go breakfast bar. It is also great to know that your room was comfortable and quiet.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We booked in this hotel for one night and one night was one night too many!!!! Our room was very small, cramped and smelt really bad. The room was facing the freeway and the noise kept us awake all night. The public areas are disgusting with garbage all over the stairways.
The only positive thing I can say is the lady at reception was very pleasant and helpful.
I would highly recommend you go elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cayucos, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was only there one night. I had a room in front. The speaker from Camelot next door was a bit annoying, but that is not the hotel's fault. My room was clean and met my needs. Free WiFi was appreciated. Other reviewers mentioned the train, but I only heard it once at 9:45pm. Overall, this hotel was fine and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the parking lot will hear the speaker from Camelot.
Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our free WiFi. Still, I sincerely apologize that you were disturbed by noise from a property next door to our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The only great thing about this place is the price. The overall housekeeping is horrible. I am in a non-smoking room, yet the pillow cases have cigarette burns in them. When I complained, their solution was to give me ONE new pillow case, rather than replace the pillows. Even though the room appears to be reciently remodeled, the carpet has numerous stains throughout. I brought this to their attention after check-in, but after 4 days, nothing has been done to shampoo the carpet. After check-in I discovered that although I had 3 bath towels, I only had 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth. When I complained I received an additional one of each. In addition to these issues, the stairways and walkways are extremely stained and dirty. If you don't have an issue with dirt, I guess that this place would suite you just fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue? Share your experiences!