“Comfy home for Travel RN” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3318 California Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93304   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Albany, New York
“Comfy home for Travel RN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm a travel nurse and have been here almost 3 months, and its been a very comfy home for a great price. The rooms are all redecorated with a nice earthy color scheme,beds are ver comfortable with pillow top mattresses and lots of fluffy pilliows, andthe kitchen area is perfect for making simple meals. The staff has been very professional and friendly. I also has a laundry facility , very convenient. This is my 2nd stay at an Extended Stay America during my 4 years on the road and I look forward to staying at more of their hotels on future assignments.

• Stayed January 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Bakersfield - California Avenue. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sherman Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've been around the block so to speak and have stayed in many places. I've also stayed at many hotels right here and Bakersfield and had a terrible experience with one hotel here in town which was infested with termites. I won't mention their name because it wouldn't be fair to Best Western. I decided to leave. I contacted the manager Jessica and she did everything she could to work with me to get me in.(Since the company I work for has a direct payment policy)
Ever since I got here the management has been extremely helpful unlike the other hotel. They are always friendly and attentive. I especially like the fact there is coffee, oatmeal and fruit here at no charge for breakfast and I can also cook in my room since it's very comfortable with a kitchen and full size refrigerator. I also like the recliner and flat screen TV. I really enjoy my stay here and would recomend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Bakersfield - California Avenue. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

This is the worst motel I have stayed in during my travels through the USA. Reception was unaccomodating and uninterested in bring there. Our room was supposed to be non smoking but reeked of musty cigarettes. The noise from the freeway is unrelenting, horrible for light sleepers.
All in all horrible nights sleep. Not recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I was sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one. We will be addressing the issues and hope that we can invite you back to make things right. Also please feel free to give me a call at the hotel or email bak@extendedstay.com if you would like to discuss further. Our apologies once again.
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My experience at the ESA Bakersfield, CA has been a wonderful experience. The staff is very friendly and after a long day of travel and/or working, it is nice to be greeted with a smile at the front desk. My room is cleaned to perfection and if I am missing any items, just one call and the staff accomodates me. I feel safe and look forward to sleeping in comfort every evening in their new beds and the new renovations has made ESA Bakersfield, CA a top notch hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Bakersfield - California Avenue. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. Now that our renovations are complete, we are happy to hear you are enjoying your stay and the service. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Bakersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love the people who work here. The rates are excellent for the frugal traveler, and the rooms have everything I need to feel comfortable. The staff really outshines many of the places I have stayed, and I travel frequently. A special thanks to Veronica, Samantha, and Lucy. Housekeeping is very particular about the small details, and it shows. You're going to love the beds. Very comfortable. The kitchenette has everything I need to eat well, on a budget. And the complimentary breakfast is a great way to start off the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Bakersfield - California Avenue. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and I can see that in your case we've done just that. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen and other amnities. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service at a great price, is our priority.

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived to find a very friendly staff in the office and check in was a breeze. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Because this hotel is designed for long stays you get a kitchenette with utensils, pans and a full size refrigerator with ice trays. I thought that was a nice touch. The beds were decent and we were on the first floor. We were surprised at how quiet the room was. Considering the hotel backs up to the rail yard and it was fully booked, we were really surprised.

The only negatives were that there is no daily maid service. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice if they would have told us when we checked in. The internet is awfully slow. However, if you want to pay you can get it faster. The more you pay, the faster it gets. If I was staying there for a week, I would pay, but since we were there for the weekend it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Bakersfield - California Avenue, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Bakersfield - California Avenue. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you. I noticed that your comments included the housekeeping service and I apologize for the staff not mentioning that we do have a "buy up" service for this.

Bakersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been staying here off and on for the last two years. I have always had great service here. The office staff overall is friendly and helpful. Jessica is extremely professional and efficient in performing her duties and works very hard to meet any requests that I have. Whenever I ask for something from anyone, it's always available or within a short period of time. The housekeepers are friendly and keep my room clean and well stocked with towels, soap, and toilet paper. If I need extra, I just go to the office and it's provided. The new upgraded rooms are a plus. The new daily continental breakfast has been a great addition. I've had no problems during my stays here.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the front parking lot are quieter than those that face either the freeway or the...