“What do you expect for 40 bucks ?” 3 of 5 stars

Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6501 Colony Street, Bakersfield, CA 93307   |
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Martinez, California
“What do you expect for 40 bucks ?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The old adage you get what you pay for rings true here. I could pick this place apart but I won't bother what you get here is a room that's decent for the price. Sure you could do better but expect to pay twice the price. Here's a tip get a room on the back side of the office where there is less traffic noise.

Stayed July 2014
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The stay at vagabond was great. My husband and I loved the service we were attended by Lily she was welcoming. Rooms were nice and quiet. We'd come back to stay there again. Thank you Lily for the great service and hospitality made our stay welcoming.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your business and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future!

Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My experience was excellent i had Great service from Lilly she was very helpful and was able to get us into a room quick it was perfect size for me & my husband. After driving for so long it was definitely worth the wait. It was very clean. Will be coming back next time I'm in town. Overall I was very satisfied with my visit.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We appreciate your business and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Lily is a great asset to our hotel and we are very happy to hear that she was so helpful. We hope to see you again in the near future.

California City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed 2 nights and we were really impressed.the room was good sized,the king bed very comfortable.great remodel with a 32 panel on the wall,the staff was friendly and helpful.we arrived at 11am,4 hours before the 3pm check-in was accommodated without question.the free continental breakfast was nice,as was the afternoon cookies.the outside sigh stated and all i can say is job well done give this place a try.

THANKS AGAIN ALMA! you are the hospitality queen!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests. Alma is a wonderful asset to our hotel and we are very happy to hear that she was so helpful. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future!

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I can to Bakersfield from Sacramento do to a family emergency.My mother was taken to Mercy Hospital and I came across Vagabond Inn which was only eight minutes away. I checked at the front desk with the young lady Alma that was really helpful gave me my AAA discount,my room.The location was convenient for me, and their breakfast was quick and good. I had a good stay while my mother was in the hospital.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Bakersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were passing by bakersfield we had been driving for a couple of hours we saw the sign for 39.99. When we checked inn Michelle the desk clear was very friendly she informed us about everything the room came with. Rooms were remolded had wood floors I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Driving back to L.A from Vegas and we saw the sign that was 39.99 a night me and my husband were very tried decided to stay here. We got good service from Michelle and the rooms were remolded with wood floors as well. It was very clean we will sure be staying here more when we pass through here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests. We are very happy to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. Michelle is a great asset to our property. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Jackie Mooers

Been to Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South? Share your experiences!