“One Night Stay - Just Average” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3232 Riverside Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93308-6346   |
Ranked #28 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
U.S.A.
“One Night Stay - Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed for one night while traveling. When we entered the lobby, 2-3 housekeeping personnel
by the door, we said hello to them and received blank stares. The desk clerk was matter of fact not overly friendly. See bluntly pointed to a printed sign taped to the front desk and told us we need to read it. It was informing guests that water to the hotel would be shut off at 8am the next morning. No "sorry for the inconvenience" from the clerk, almost like "stay somewhere else if that's a problem" kind of attitude. Neighborhood is sketchy, a few "earthy" looking people around but no one bothered us. Room was moderately clean, lots of stray hair in the bathroom like most lower end motels. Fine for a night just remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

For the price-point it is one of the best. It is convenient to the freeway and has a great staff. They are always polite and recognize repeat customers. The breakfast is decent and the rooms are comfortable. There are many restaurants nearby and a famous local breakfast diner and country music dinner house.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Visalia, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

It's not the worst place to stay, but certainly not the best either. Beds are comfortable, but that's about all. One elevator for each building and there r three. We stayed three nights and part of the coffee maker was missing, we never got coffee all three days. Breakfast was a joke all carbs. They had cream cheese but nothing to put it on. Creamer was powder, one flavor if yogurt. Very poor breakfast. Next year we will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I am a professional woman and I worked in Bakersfield for sixty days and I stayed at this hotel, so I know it well. Earwigs and roaches, homeless people sleeping in the elevators, sagging beds and sad boring breakfast every morning. However, I good naturedly put up with it all. There is a security guard on the grounds, so I never felt in danger.
Still, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and will never stay at a La Quinta again. But this is the LAST STRAW!

In my entire life, I have NEVER received a stealth credit card charge from ANY business six months after the fact, which is exactly what this hotel has done to me. SIX MONTHS after my stay, I got a $295 charge on my credit card bill from this hotel. They said they undercharged my company for my stay by mistake. Now, they wish to extract what their mistake has cost them from me. Needless to say, I have had no problem in getting this unscrupulous charge reversed by my credit card company.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lake Elsinore, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I did not like how they took care of their problem once it was reported. Once I reported their error it continued through the next day of my stay. There is nothing more motifying then someone walking into your room in the morning with a key that the hotel staff issued to them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stay away from this place!! From the dirty unkempt grounds to the loitering "guests" smoking and blocking passage on the stairs to the band of roving unsupervised children running wild on the stairs making it difficult to unpack the car it went from bad to worse. The room itself was a nightmare! Outdated is only the beginning...We turned on the air conditioning unit only to be hit with the worst musty moldy smell that filled the already stinky room. The bathroom was scarey to say the least. I barely slept as the room was so creepy! I did not even use the coffee pot in the morning ! I took a quick shower and we left as quick as we could!! As for the free breakfast - I could not eat at this facility!!!Based on the condition and care of rest of the "hotel" I would not trust the cleanliness of the breakfast area! Cleanliness is not a strong point with this facility. I hope I never have the misfortune of making the mistake of booking this "hotel"ever again!!!.!!!! I booked based on other reviews! Did you stay at the same place I did??? Really? Trust me folks STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here two nights, first night was after long drive through death valley .
On the third floor but has a lift, room clean and has all the amenities including fridge & large tv.
Drove Upto sequoia park then back down to stay for the second night, just short drive into town centre with all the eateries you may require, nice hotel would stay again.
One note: no really relevant to this hotel nut maybe location, here seem to be a lot of down and out or homeless people about ! Just an observation

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South? Share your experiences!