“great service” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3232 Riverside Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93308-6346   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This motel was disgusting.... In the evening there where junkies hanging out in the parking lot asking for money. The room appeared clean, but old and in need of updates. But in the evening we started noticing small bugs were coming out of the phone in the room... Roaches!!! I bagged up the phone and cord and was left trying to decide if I should take my bags back to the car for the night, but was afraid it would get broken into by the unsavory characters hanging around outside. Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

henderson, nv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I called two weeks earlier to make reservations and requested a first floor room, as my 95 year old mother would be with me. They said "no problem, will put down that you are traveling with an elderly person". We got here and were told that there were no first floor rooms available. We were given a room on the third floor. I told the woman at the front desk that we were told we would have a room on the first floor. She said that it showed that it was "requested but that is no guarantee that you'll get it". Since I had made the reservation far enough in advance and I am a Rewards member I thought I stood a pretty good chance at getting my request. Wrong. She sent us to a room on the third floor which was on the opposite side of the building from the elevator. We got there and the door was ajar and the beds weren't made. I went BACK to the office and got another room on the third floor. We've stayed here before and had a room with a refrigerator. This one had none so our food will probably be spoiled by the morning. While I'm at it....if you are at all,a large person, which I am average size, good luck fitting in the bathroom with the door closed. There might be two feet between the closed door and the shower, along with the toilet taking up space. There has got to be better options to stay in Bakersfield.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel was both convenient , clean and friendly; I will stay here again when passing though after a long drive and or when I visit family or friends in Bakersfield. I love la Quinta inns!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lincoln,California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

La Quinta is our hotel of choice. This was very nice as a stopover and of course the breakfast was delightful. The fact that they take dogs without any extra charge is great. Again we would stay here again on our next trip from Arizona to California.

Room Tip: Any room is fine. Don't skip the breakfast. A nice change from other free breakfasts. Lots of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stopped here on our way to San Francisco. The room on the first floor was small but the bad part was the location. THREE different times we were approached in the parking lot by people asking for money. It was at night, too, so it was a little frightening. In the morning I walked my dog to the back of the property and I was followed by two people, who then did not approach me when they saw the maintenance man. They passed me by but then just stood in the parking lot waiting. I quickly went back to my room. I definitely did not feel safe here! We were happy to leave.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South

Address: 3232 Riverside Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93308-6346
Location: United States > California > Bakersfield
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Hotel Class:2 star — La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LaQuinta, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Bakersfield Hotel Bakersfield
La Quinta Hotel Bakersfield
La Quinta Bakersfield
Bakersfield La Quinta

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.