“One night stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
A TripAdvisor Member
“One night stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel was both convenient , clean and friendly; I will stay here again when passing though after a long drive and or when I visit family or friends in Bakersfield. I love la Quinta inns!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lincoln,California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

La Quinta is our hotel of choice. This was very nice as a stopover and of course the breakfast was delightful. The fact that they take dogs without any extra charge is great. Again we would stay here again on our next trip from Arizona to California.

Room Tip: Any room is fine. Don't skip the breakfast. A nice change from other free breakfasts. Lots of...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stopped here on our way to San Francisco. The room on the first floor was small but the bad part was the location. THREE different times we were approached in the parking lot by people asking for money. It was at night, too, so it was a little frightening. In the morning I walked my dog to the back of the property and I was followed by two people, who then did not approach me when they saw the maintenance man. They passed me by but then just stood in the parking lot waiting. I quickly went back to my room. I definitely did not feel safe here! We were happy to leave.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Used the hotel for a quick stop on a trip from Northern California on the way to Los Angeles. We arrrived late (near midnight) and were greeted by a friendly employee who quickly processed our registration.
The rooms were clean, the bed was DREAMY and the parking was readily available near the room. The only complaint I can come up with is that the bathtub "traction strips" had recently been removed and parts of it were sticky - like the maintenance folks needed to remove the left over adhesive. But it wasn't dirty, just had a few sticky lines running across it.
The area is industrial, but there are restaurants nearby - I felt safe in the neighborhood as I was traveling alone with my two children. It is a perfect place for a stop-over on the way to the "happiest place on earth." I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the opposite side of the building from the Freeway, we didn't hear any road nois...
Marietta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here one night-room was okay, but needs updating. The bathroom is very small and the shower curtain had a sour smell. We have a dog and we had a 1st floor room which was convenient. There is a very strong odor outside-I asked about it and the lady said she didn't know where it was from-maybe horse stables nearby.The staff was fine. Probably will not return here on our trip back.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed there in May for a night on the way to Sequoia National Park. It was certainly conveniently located right next to the freeway, and the rooms were reasonably comfortable and clean. The traffic noise was incredibly bad however. The hotel is right next (northeast) to the intersection of two freeways and we had a south facing room. Fortunately I had earplugs with me, or I would not have been able to sleep at all.

If noise bothers you and you have to stay at this place, my advice is to ask for one of the north or east facing rooms.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the north-eastern corner of the place.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South

Address: 3232 Riverside Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93308-6346
Location: United States > California > Bakersfield
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Hotel Class:2 star — La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LaQuinta, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Bakersfield Hotel Bakersfield
La Quinta Hotel Bakersfield
La Quinta Bakersfield
Bakersfield La Quinta

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn Bakersfield South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.