“Great stay for accessibility needs!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi Package
Ranked #19 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Fresno, California, United States
“Great stay for accessibility needs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our party of four stayed one night due to a family funeral in Bakersfield. My elderly father uses both a walker and a wheelchair. We couldn't have been more delighted with our choice! Wide hallways and doorways, plus plenty of room to "park" his walker/wheelchair in the bathroom and room made our stay very comfortable. The restaurant was also handy and delicious!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently spent the week at this property on business. I checked into my room on the 2nd floor which was a great location because some of the rooms are quite a hike from the main lobby. When I opened the door to my room, I immediately saw huge rips in the drapes on the sliding door--not a good first impression. I set my luggage down by a pile of toenail clippings (yuk!) which stayed in the same spot for the entire time I was there!!

The room was a good size, and was nicely decorated. The bathroom was just ok. The gym was TINY with only TWO treadmills for that huge hotel. The gym was way too hot with a super low ceiling. I could only stay for 30 minutes at a time without over-heating.

The bar area was dark and seedy looking. I went looking for a beer, but decided not to stay. I had a bottle of beer in the restaurant for $6.50! The food was ok. The breakfast buffet had enough to choose from.

The location is questionable. There was a truck driving school a block away, and a very questionable strip mail across the street. I would not recommend walking after dark.

I am a frequent Hilton guest and part of their loyalty program. This was a disappointing property, and I probably would not stay there again unless I had no other choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the main lobby or you could spend the majority of your time walking to your...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occassions and have enjoyed everything about the hotel EXCEPT for this visit. Hotel rooms are not clean, stained carpeting, dirty and dusty acoustical ceilings, bed skirts and automan are worn and frayed. Elevators extremely far from the only 2 elevators on the property. I typically love Doubletree hotels but this one is now in definite need of love and care. Not a good representation of Hilton properties.

Room Tip: Try to get room in the main building as the back buildings are unsafe from a parking perspective for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Southern Cali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I really liked this hotel. I stayed here a few years ago but it seems to have gone through some room remodeling. The rooms are large, there is a fridge/micro in every room and the beds are really comfy.

The best thing about this room is that I couldn't hear any neighbors next to me and I know the hotel was full with soccer players. I also stayed away from the freeway so I didn't hear any outside noise as well.

The only problem with this hotel is that they don't offer a free breakfast.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the freeway. And make sure if you need an elevator to ask if the elevator i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed there last Thursday. Rather run down and I came home with bedbug bites on my arms and elbows. Not nice. Also, picked it up from Priceline name your price at 100.00. Not worth it. Pool and Jacuzzi were being overhauled which would have been nice to know ahead of my trip. And the heater sounded like it was going to fall through the ceiling. Price line failed this one.

Won't stay there again or do a P.L. for the area.

Room Tip: Any other hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Taft, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, super friendly and helpful staff, nice comfortable room, big king sized bed with comfy pillows, nice balcony, could of used a couple of chairs to sit on... enjoyed the in Club Odessey. Would deffinatly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SF Penninsula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Date of stay June 2012: Booked and requested two rooms together and was please that my request was taken care without having to remind them. The beds were very comfortable and we had a beautiful pool/garden view. Location was perfect for us as our primary purpose was to go to a show at the Crystal Palace. The hotel also has a wonderful Champagne Sunday Brunch which I highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Bakersfield? Share your experiences!