“Home Sweat Home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Granda Hills, United States
“Home Sweat Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I do a lot of traveling and if there is a Hampton I always stay there. I know what I'm getting. A clean room, friendly service, a good breakfast and a safe place to park my car. There is always security in the parking lot and there always someone behind the counter no matter what time I show up. Sometimes I arrive after midnight and there is always a friendly face waiting for me. There other great thing is I never have to guess what the room is going to smell like. The rooms are always real clean and you really feel like you got your moneys worth.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I am so pleased to hear that you consider us your home away from home. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel and staff. The employees and I love having you stay here with us. It is guests like you that make it so easy for us to do our jobs with a smile. Please come back and visit us again soon.

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Typical Hampton Inn-it was clean, quiet and the staff was friendly. Close to CA 99 and restaurants. Breakfast area is small. The price was outstanding--much less than the other Hampton Inns in the area. Would stay here again if we were passing through the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hello fellow Tripadvisor Reviewer,
Thank you for writing about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations we have to offer. The employees and I love having you stay here with us. It is guests like you that make it so easy for us to do our jobs with a smile. I do hope you stop by again whenever you are in town. We love when our guests return over and over again.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

For the price I paid for one night bussiness trip, I didnt have high hopes, but the price $99 (including taxes) I was impressed with my room, super friendly staff, spacious room and bathroom. Way beyond my expectations. Its not a 4 or 5 star hotel so if you are expecting something like that then you would be disappointed. For the price you are definitely getting an awesome deal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations during you stay with us. The employees and I love having you stay here with us. It is guests like you that make it so easy for us to do our jobs with a smile. Please stop by again if you are in need of hotel accommodations in the future while visiting Bakersfield. As always it was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Palo Alto, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

A good business motel, also suitable for families, in a rather drab part of Bakersfield, just off the highway. The rooms are very nice, as is the breakfast and the WiFi. My wife and I have stayed here several times when passing through the city.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for continuing to return to our property each visit to Bakersfield. We truly enjoy when we see guests keep coming back to stay with us. It lets us know that we are doing a great job here. I am happy to hear that our accommodations suit you and your wife's needs. Please stop by again if you are in need of hotel accommodations in the future while visiting Bakersfield. As always it was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a good experience at this Hampton Inn so retuned on our business trip. We had no hot water until a call to the front desk, the bedding was in need of replacement, clean, but tired and the general appearnace of the hotel had gone down hill. We would not return again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Medford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The room was clean and attractive. The internet was very easy to use. We thought the price was very good. I would certainly recommend this hotel for couples or families. We were very happy with the ease of booking our room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and everything was 100% satisfying for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reno, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed for three nights while visiting family in Bakersfield, but if you are traveling through and need a place to stay the Hampton is perfect. The Hampton was ideal for our stay having a central location, nice rooms, excellent service and a very good breakfast. The pool was too cold to use, but it was December. The location is close to the freeway. Doesn't bother my family, but you can hear traffic at night when everything is quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Derek,

Thank you for writing such an excellent review! I am so happy to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable time during your stay. It is guests like you that make it so easy for us to do our jobs with a smile. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Director of Guest Services

Been to Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central? Share your experiences!