“Better then most in Bakersfield” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Sonoma, California
“Better then most in Bakersfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

When we travel it's usually one night stops until we get to our destination. So what we are looking for is clean and comfortable. It seemed clean but I think they need to have there carpets stretched. At the front door in the room there were humps of carpet that you can trip on. And whats up with the recliner in the room and not a small couch. I like the small couch so i can spread out and look into the next days planning the recliner won't let me do this. Also not much available for breakfast for those of us who are gluten intolerant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to voice your comments and concerns regarding our Hampton Inn. As you might have seen when you stayed with us recently, we are undergoing a complete renovation. All of our guest rooms will be made over from floor to ceiling, along with new furniture in between. As for our breakfast menu, I will definitely look into more gluten intolerant options to add to our menu. Comments like yours help us to better serve others with the same issues and we really value your opinions. We hope you come back soon and see all of our new upgrades that will be taking place within the next couple of months. We love having you here.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really nice clean Hotel. Very friendly staff.
Big rooms. A nice swiming pool. Really clean and nice breakfast.
We stayed in Bakersfield just one night to continue to San Francisco and we really liked that Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write such a great review about our hotel on trip advisor. We really appreciate such positive feedback. Guests like you, make our jobs more and more enjoyable each day. We hope to see you again next time you are driving through town and need a place to rest your head.

Palmdale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family was very pleased. The breakfast was great, lots to choose from. The pool was small but was never overcrowded when we were there so it was just fine for us. Having a fridge in the room was nice.

• Stayed August 2013
I am so glad to read that you found everything that our Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central has to offer so great and accommodating for you and your family during your stay. I really appreciate such a great review you gave us. Please come back again and visit. We love having you here.

Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

A very clean and safe hotel. A great place to stay on the way to Vegas. It is located near a pretty busy intersection near restaurants and two gas stations. Hampton always impresses me with the modern decor and very comfortable beds. Free Internet is great and one would think that every hotel would offer free Internet but that is not the case.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review about our hotel. I am happy to ready that everything was very pleasent during your stay. I am also glad to read that our accommodations and location were very convienent for you while you visited. We love having you here and remember us next time you are driving through town.

Ceres
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were greeted warmly by the desk staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was well appointed. From the front desk to the ladies cleaning the rooms, we were made to feel welcomed. Security was walking around the property and that made us feel an extra measure of safety. Breakfast was hot and we had a great assortment of breakfast foods to choose from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that everyone was so warm and friendly. We really do have such a great staff here, from the front desk to housekeeping, and I am glad you were able to witness that. We love having you here and hope to see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I love Hampton Inns in general, that's why I chose this hotel sight unseen. And in general terms, you won't be completely disappointed if you stay here. But it isn't necessarily "the bomb" either. Here is my breakdown:

The Pros

1. Staff is very friendly and professional.
2. Room was very quiet and I slept well most of the time. I was very concerned that I was very close to the main lobby, but that turned out to be not a problem.
3. Room was clean and it offered the normal shampoo and coffee options.
4. The pricing was very reasonable.
5. It was situated right off the freeway and was convenient to get to.

The Cons

1. The parking was very bad; there weren't many spaces, the area seemed questionable, and I felt unsafe walking in alone at night. THe security guard in front of the hotel offered some comfort, but my car was out of sight and far so that piece felt exposed.
2. The hotel itself appears to be very small, very old, and very warn. The decor brought me back to the 80's, which usually makes me feel pretty good. This, however, just made me feel old.
3. The eating area was SMALL, cramped, and could not accommodate all the people that were there. The layout is so poor that even if you COULD find a seat, only 1 or 2 people at tops could even GET to the food.
4. The food was the same thing, but there was never, ever enough. Too often I had to wait for things that should not have gotten to the point of being gone in my opinion. By the third day I stuck to coffee and called it good (which, by the way, was in the easier to access area.)
5. The room itself was a good size but the layout and features were off. For example, the closet shelf was too low so the holder for the iron butted up to the shelf. Getting that sucker out was nearly impossible. The faucet in the shower was done incorrectly, so to get hot water you had to put it on cold water and vice versa.
6. The mattress seemed old and although it was "not painful", it was hard to sleep on after the awesome mattress I had stayed at during a different trip earlier in the week.
7. My room was butted up against some houses which seemed to have many visitors that loved to listen to loud rap music between 1-3am.

Overall, I would stay here again but I'd make plans to have breakfast elsewhere. I would suggest checking out the reviews of other hotels to compare.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel to avoid neighborhood noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a honest review about our hotel. I really do appreciate hearing the feedback from our guests. It is reviews like yours, that not only lets me know where we excel in our guests expectations, but also let me know where we do need improvement. As you might have noticed during your stay with us, we are currently undergoing renovations thoughout the hotel. All of our decor, from the lobby area/ breakfast area, to all the guest rooms will be completely changed. It is a well over due renovation, and we are hoping to be completed by the beginning of next year with everything. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us after our remodel so you can experience all the great upgrades our hotel will have to offer. We love having you here.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hampton Inn are one of our favourite accommodations whilst touring the USA due to the consistent level of service and quality. We always have a great night's sleep, great breakfast and are ready for the next day of fun. Bakersfield remains within this level of quality and the swimming pool was an added benefit given the hot day. Guys you really can't go wrong with this hotel unless you are expecting the earth - especially given that we paid $89 - value for money.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear that your stay with us was everything you have come to love and expect from the Hampton Brand. That is one thing I myself love about this brand and why I love working here. Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review. I hope next time you are visiting the US you will drive through and stay with us again.

Director of Guest Services

Been to Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central? Share your experiences!