I love Hampton Inns in general, that's why I chose this hotel sight unseen. And in general terms, you won't be completely disappointed if you stay here. But it isn't necessarily "the bomb" either. Here is my breakdown:
1. Staff is very friendly and professional.
2. Room was very quiet and I slept well most of the time. I was very concerned that I was very close to the main lobby, but that turned out to be not a problem.
3. Room was clean and it offered the normal shampoo and coffee options.
4. The pricing was very reasonable.
5. It was situated right off the freeway and was convenient to get to.
1. The parking was very bad; there weren't many spaces, the area seemed questionable, and I felt unsafe walking in alone at night. THe security guard in front of the hotel offered some comfort, but my car was out of sight and far so that piece felt exposed.
2. The hotel itself appears to be very small, very old, and very warn. The decor brought me back to the 80's, which usually makes me feel pretty good. This, however, just made me feel old.
3. The eating area was SMALL, cramped, and could not accommodate all the people that were there. The layout is so poor that even if you COULD find a seat, only 1 or 2 people at tops could even GET to the food.
4. The food was the same thing, but there was never, ever enough. Too often I had to wait for things that should not have gotten to the point of being gone in my opinion. By the third day I stuck to coffee and called it good (which, by the way, was in the easier to access area.)
5. The room itself was a good size but the layout and features were off. For example, the closet shelf was too low so the holder for the iron butted up to the shelf. Getting that sucker out was nearly impossible. The faucet in the shower was done incorrectly, so to get hot water you had to put it on cold water and vice versa.
6. The mattress seemed old and although it was "not painful", it was hard to sleep on after the awesome mattress I had stayed at during a different trip earlier in the week.
7. My room was butted up against some houses which seemed to have many visitors that loved to listen to loud rap music between 1-3am.
Overall, I would stay here again but I'd make plans to have breakfast elsewhere. I would suggest checking out the reviews of other hotels to compare.
Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel to avoid neighborhood noise.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a honest review about our hotel. I really do appreciate hearing the feedback from our guests. It is reviews like yours, that not only lets me know where we excel in our guests expectations, but also let me know where we do need improvement. As you might have noticed during your stay with us, we are currently undergoing renovations thoughout the hotel. All of our decor, from the lobby area/ breakfast area, to all the guest rooms will be completely changed. It is a well over due renovation, and we are hoping to be completed by the beginning of next year with everything. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us after our remodel so you can experience all the great upgrades our hotel will have to offer. We love having you here.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you again.
Director of Guest Services
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.