I love Hampton Inns in general, that's why I chose this hotel sight unseen. And in general terms, you won't be completely disappointed if you stay here. But it isn't necessarily "the bomb" either. Here is my breakdown:
1. Staff is very friendly and professional.
2. Room was very quiet and I slept well most of the time. I was very concerned that I was very close to the main lobby, but that turned out to be not a problem.
3. Room was clean and it offered the normal shampoo and coffee options.
4. The pricing was very reasonable.
5. It was situated right off the freeway and was convenient to get to.
1. The parking was very bad; there weren't many spaces, the area seemed questionable, and I felt unsafe walking in alone at night. THe security guard in front of the hotel offered some comfort, but my car was out of sight and far so that piece felt exposed.
2. The hotel itself appears to be very small, very old, and very warn. The decor brought me back to the 80's, which usually makes me feel pretty good. This, however, just made me feel old.
3. The eating area was SMALL, cramped, and could not accommodate all the people that were there. The layout is so poor that even if you COULD find a seat, only 1 or 2 people at tops could even GET to the food.
4. The food was the same thing, but there was never, ever enough. Too often I had to wait for things that should not have gotten to the point of being gone in my opinion. By the third day I stuck to coffee and called it good (which, by the way, was in the easier to access area.)
5. The room itself was a good size but the layout and features were off. For example, the closet shelf was too low so the holder for the iron butted up to the shelf. Getting that sucker out was nearly impossible. The faucet in the shower was done incorrectly, so to get hot water you had to put it on cold water and vice versa.
6. The mattress seemed old and although it was "not painful", it was hard to sleep on after the awesome mattress I had stayed at during a different trip earlier in the week.
7. My room was butted up against some houses which seemed to have many visitors that loved to listen to loud rap music between 1-3am.
Overall, I would stay here again but I'd make plans to have breakfast elsewhere. I would suggest checking out the reviews of other hotels to compare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn Bakersfield-Central is conveniently located in central Bakersfield. We are close to many restaurants, Camelot miniature golf park, Robabank Convention Center, Movie theatres, shopping malls, and so much more. Our staff is fast, friendly and efficient, ready to take care of our guests' every need as best as possible. Our rooms are clean, comfortable, and roomy. With complete fresh linens including our comforters washed daily. Complimentary Deluxe breakfast buffet daily and "On the go breakfast bags" available Monday thru Friday. Complimentary High speed wireless internet. "We love having you here". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central Hotel Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Hampton Inn