“Great quality/great value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Lodi, United States
“Great quality/great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This stay is like all my others at Hampton Inn - relaxing, enjoyable, calm. This hotel is always so CLEAN, the bed wonderful, and consistent. The breakfast was delicious and well balanced. Location was convenient to the highway, and the room was still quiet. There was security walking the parking lot when we got there, which made me feel very safe.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I am glad that you found everything at our hotel so enjoyable and great. Guests like you make our job easy and happy to be here. Please come back and stay with us again.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel is undergoing renovations but I think they still have a long way to go. Soundproofing the rooms would be a great start. The location of our room was probably the biggest problem. We were on the ground floor next to the front desk and it is a loud location - from above, outside the hotel and in the lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write about your comments and concerns about our hotel. Our renovation started off a little slow because it was such a busy time for travel in Bakersfield. Now that things have slowed down a little, our renovation is in full force and we have done a lot since your last visit. I do apologize for all the noise disturbances during your stay. I hope you will try our hotel again in the future, so we can show you how great our Hampton Inn is.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

After 2 years we have been back to this hotel and it is still good.
Location is perfect just of the highway though no noise heard.

The Arco gasstation across the hotel is cheap and within 15 minutes you'll find a shopping mall (Valley) and a trip of restaurants (15 min the other way).

Rooms are clean and spacious. Only downside, our room didn't have a safe. This is something I hope they will change.

Breakfast is still great. Make our waffles ourself and fresh fruit.

Will go here again when traveling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for continually choosing our Hampton location as your place to stay when visiting the area. I love to know that people come back numerous times because our service, amenities, and location are so great. I appreciate all the feedback. Unfortunately we will not be getting safes placed in each guest room, we do however have safe deposit boxes located at the front desk for guests convience if you were not aware. We love having you here and can't wait to see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel! I brought some wrestlers to Bakersfield for a wrestling camp and we spent 3 nights here. The staff at the hotel gave us a great price and treated us with nothing but respect the whole time we were there. Our rooms were awesome! Each room had a flat screen tv with some HD channels, a small refrigerator, and a microwave. They were very clean and comfortable. They are in the process of remodeling, but we never were disturbed by anything. There are plenty of restaurants and things to do close by and the full breakfast included every morning is awesome. They even have a breakfast bag to go! I almost didn't share this review so that I could keep it all to myself, but they deserve it. I have stayed in several places in Bakersfield in the last 15 years and this one is my favorite. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Hampton100, Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for all your positive feedback. I am so glad to hear you and your wrestlers enjoyed you stay with us. It is guests like you that make our jobs so enjoyable everyday here. We hope you see you again in the future.

East Liverpool, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I thought the staff was extremely nice and helpful. I stayed at a few places during my vacation and this one was the friendliest. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. If I'm ever in the area again, I plan on staying at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I glad to hear that our staff provided you with great, friendly service during your stay. We look forward to you coming back and staying with us again soon. We love having you here.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hampton is a great chain, which is why I stayed at 3 different Hampton Inns in one week. Although I read that the hotel was being remodeled, I had hoped that more was done by now. On the other hand, the out-of-date carpet, wallpaper, and furniture probably contributed to the lower price - and I'm perfectly fine with that. The hotel was quiet, clean and convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our hotel. These last few months have been steady busy, so we have not had a lot of time for the renovations. August is when we pick up speed on the renovations and all the guest rooms will be completely remodeled from top to bottom. I hope you come back and stay with us again and see all the transformation.

Cave Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Right on our way from Phoenix to San Francisco. Very clean and possibly newly renovated bathrooms. We got a large room with a couch bed along with the king size bed, cable, HBO, WiFi, refrig, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. Well equipped rooms. The free breakfast was the best in many places we have stayed. Many restaurants within walking distance, a COCO's is behind the hotel. Right off the main road but quiet in the rooms. Shopping is close by and ample parking. I'd come back with no problem.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central. Yes, our bathrooms are currently being remodeled. Our rooms will also start being remodeled starting next month. Thank you for such great reviews on all our amenities we offer. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Thank you.
Front Office Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central? Share your experiences!