“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #5 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
East Liverpool, United States
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I thought the staff was extremely nice and helpful. I stayed at a few places during my vacation and this one was the friendliest. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. If I'm ever in the area again, I plan on staying at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I glad to hear that our staff provided you with great, friendly service during your stay. We look forward to you coming back and staying with us again soon. We love having you here.

Director of Guest Services

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hampton is a great chain, which is why I stayed at 3 different Hampton Inns in one week. Although I read that the hotel was being remodeled, I had hoped that more was done by now. On the other hand, the out-of-date carpet, wallpaper, and furniture probably contributed to the lower price - and I'm perfectly fine with that. The hotel was quiet, clean and convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our hotel. These last few months have been steady busy, so we have not had a lot of time for the renovations. August is when we pick up speed on the renovations and all the guest rooms will be completely remodeled from top to bottom. I hope you come back and stay with us again and see all the transformation.

Director of Guest Services
Cave Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Right on our way from Phoenix to San Francisco. Very clean and possibly newly renovated bathrooms. We got a large room with a couch bed along with the king size bed, cable, HBO, WiFi, refrig, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. Well equipped rooms. The free breakfast was the best in many places we have stayed. Many restaurants within walking distance, a COCO's is behind the hotel. Right off the main road but quiet in the rooms. Shopping is close by and ample parking. I'd come back with no problem.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central. Yes, our bathrooms are currently being remodeled. Our rooms will also start being remodeled starting next month. Thank you for such great reviews on all our amenities we offer. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Thank you.
guinda, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Awesome breakfast!! The room was clean and quiet. The bathroom was very spacious. There are many resturants within close walking distance! Great experience! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who is needing a place to stay in Bakersfield.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for all your awesome feedback. I love to hear that you will recommend our hotel to others that travel this way. Word of mouth is always the best kind of advertisement any business could ask for.

Tunica, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Resv made on Expedia end up approx $77 a night for 2 queen beds, comp breakfast, A/C, cool swimming pool, walk to Camelot Park (Scandia), easy access to shopping & a variety of restaurants & fast food. Two days for my almost 10 yr old to spend with one of his best friends that moved to Bakersfield a year ago from Northern CA. Next stop Santa Monica then off to Catalina for a week.
This hotel is simple, clean & accommodating. Thanks!! Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: We chose the 2nd floor, facing the parking lot, quiet, the A/C running the whole time may have block...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you and your families stay was nice and you also enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope to see you and your family again soon.
We love having you here.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Not a great Hampton property, though they are doing some refurbishing, so that may change. But the construction wasn't really the problem here. I only heard a little of that when we first got to our room.

The service wasn't up to par for me. I had made online reservations about 6 weeks ago for this stay and just happened to check the hotel's site before we checked in and found that their site was $20 less for the same type of room than what I had booked. I mentioned that to the person at the desk when I checked in and she said that was an Internet price and she couldn't match it. I told her that I had booked our stay on the Internet and he continued to deny that she could match it. So I told her if I had to I would cancel our current reservations and rebook at the cheaper price. *crickets* as she typed in her keyboard for a minute and then she pulled out our key cards and mumbled that she had changed our reservation to the less expensive Internet price that she had just told me minutes before she couldn't match. I guess I should be happy that she changed it, but I wouldn't think it should be that hard to get when that is their current going rate.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central. I am sorry that you did not have a pleasent experience with our front desk staff when you checked in. I hope you give us another chance to show you the customer service that Hampton Inn is known for.

Ensenada, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a Hilton Honors member I had the opportunity to use reward points for my recent trip into Bakersfield. I chose this hotel because of it's central location.... and I am glad I did!
Located at Oak street and California avenue it is in a very convenient section close to many great restaurants and government offices. The staff and service at the hotel were very accommodating and professional. I was very pleased with the exceptionally clean room and bedding! The complementary breakfast and coffee center was excellent! While not a large full service Hilton, I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I am so glad to hear that your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central was a great time. Thank you for all your positive feedback in this review. We take great pride in our customer service and amenities that we provide here. Thank you for choosing our hotel out of all the other choices throughout Bakersfield. We look forward to your next visit with us. We love having you here.

Thank you.
Front Office Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central? Share your experiences!