“Really nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Really nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Right on our way from Phoenix to San Francisco. Very clean and possibly newly renovated bathrooms. We got a large room with a couch bed along with the king size bed, cable, HBO, WiFi, refrig, microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer. Well equipped rooms. The free breakfast was the best in many places we have stayed. Many restaurants within walking distance, a COCO's is behind the hotel. Right off the main road but quiet in the rooms. Shopping is close by and ample parking. I'd come back with no problem.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central. Yes, our bathrooms are currently being remodeled. Our rooms will also start being remodeled starting next month. Thank you for such great reviews on all our amenities we offer. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Thank you.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
guinda, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Awesome breakfast!! The room was clean and quiet. The bathroom was very spacious. There are many resturants within close walking distance! Great experience! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who is needing a place to stay in Bakersfield.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for all your awesome feedback. I love to hear that you will recommend our hotel to others that travel this way. Word of mouth is always the best kind of advertisement any business could ask for.

Tunica, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Resv made on Expedia end up approx $77 a night for 2 queen beds, comp breakfast, A/C, cool swimming pool, walk to Camelot Park (Scandia), easy access to shopping & a variety of restaurants & fast food. Two days for my almost 10 yr old to spend with one of his best friends that moved to Bakersfield a year ago from Northern CA. Next stop Santa Monica then off to Catalina for a week.
This hotel is simple, clean & accommodating. Thanks!! Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: We chose the 2nd floor, facing the parking lot, quiet, the A/C running the whole time may have block...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you and your families stay was nice and you also enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope to see you and your family again soon.
We love having you here.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Not a great Hampton property, though they are doing some refurbishing, so that may change. But the construction wasn't really the problem here. I only heard a little of that when we first got to our room.

The service wasn't up to par for me. I had made online reservations about 6 weeks ago for this stay and just happened to check the hotel's site before we checked in and found that their site was $20 less for the same type of room than what I had booked. I mentioned that to the person at the desk when I checked in and she said that was an Internet price and she couldn't match it. I told her that I had booked our stay on the Internet and he continued to deny that she could match it. So I told her if I had to I would cancel our current reservations and rebook at the cheaper price. *crickets* as she typed in her keyboard for a minute and then she pulled out our key cards and mumbled that she had changed our reservation to the less expensive Internet price that she had just told me minutes before she couldn't match. I guess I should be happy that she changed it, but I wouldn't think it should be that hard to get when that is their current going rate.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central. I am sorry that you did not have a pleasent experience with our front desk staff when you checked in. I hope you give us another chance to show you the customer service that Hampton Inn is known for.

Ensenada, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a Hilton Honors member I had the opportunity to use reward points for my recent trip into Bakersfield. I chose this hotel because of it's central location.... and I am glad I did!
Located at Oak street and California avenue it is in a very convenient section close to many great restaurants and government offices. The staff and service at the hotel were very accommodating and professional. I was very pleased with the exceptionally clean room and bedding! The complementary breakfast and coffee center was excellent! While not a large full service Hilton, I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I am so glad to hear that your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central was a great time. Thank you for all your positive feedback in this review. We take great pride in our customer service and amenities that we provide here. Thank you for choosing our hotel out of all the other choices throughout Bakersfield. We look forward to your next visit with us. We love having you here.

Thank you.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Jennifer and Shawna are a shining example of Hampton Inn's service. This is one of Hampton's older properties but the staff and cleanliness were excellent! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Bakersfield.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for all your fantastic comments. It was a great joy to have your group of young all stars stay with us. They were one of the best groups we have had. We look forward to your future business with us. We loved having you here.

Albuquerque, NM USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Our first choice hotel was full, so we ended up here. The best part was breakfast with a great selection of eggs, oatmeal, cereals, fruit, the requisite waffles, and good coffee. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The pool was small and wasn't clean. My kids were in and out in 15 minutes. The staff were friendly and helpful and suggested a great Mexican place down the road 1/2 a mile.

• Stayed June 2013
We are happy to hear your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central was satisfactory. We are also glad that you and your family found our breakfast had a great selection to choose from. Hampton Inn's always have a great variety of breakfast items. We hope you stay with us again soon. We love having you here.

Front Office Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central? Share your experiences!