“Not the best Hampton property” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
“Not the best Hampton property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Not a great Hampton property, though they are doing some refurbishing, so that may change. But the construction wasn't really the problem here. I only heard a little of that when we first got to our room.

The service wasn't up to par for me. I had made online reservations about 6 weeks ago for this stay and just happened to check the hotel's site before we checked in and found that their site was $20 less for the same type of room than what I had booked. I mentioned that to the person at the desk when I checked in and she said that was an Internet price and she couldn't match it. I told her that I had booked our stay on the Internet and he continued to deny that she could match it. So I told her if I had to I would cancel our current reservations and rebook at the cheaper price. *crickets* as she typed in her keyboard for a minute and then she pulled out our key cards and mumbled that she had changed our reservation to the less expensive Internet price that she had just told me minutes before she couldn't match. I guess I should be happy that she changed it, but I wouldn't think it should be that hard to get when that is their current going rate.

• Stayed July 2013
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central. I am sorry that you did not have a pleasent experience with our front desk staff when you checked in. I hope you give us another chance to show you the customer service that Hampton Inn is known for.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ensenada, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

As a Hilton Honors member I had the opportunity to use reward points for my recent trip into Bakersfield. I chose this hotel because of it's central location.... and I am glad I did!
Located at Oak street and California avenue it is in a very convenient section close to many great restaurants and government offices. The staff and service at the hotel were very accommodating and professional. I was very pleased with the exceptionally clean room and bedding! The complementary breakfast and coffee center was excellent! While not a large full service Hilton, I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I am so glad to hear that your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central was a great time. Thank you for all your positive feedback in this review. We take great pride in our customer service and amenities that we provide here. Thank you for choosing our hotel out of all the other choices throughout Bakersfield. We look forward to your next visit with us. We love having you here.

Thank you.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Jennifer and Shawna are a shining example of Hampton Inn's service. This is one of Hampton's older properties but the staff and cleanliness were excellent! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Bakersfield.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton100, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you so much for all your fantastic comments. It was a great joy to have your group of young all stars stay with us. They were one of the best groups we have had. We look forward to your future business with us. We loved having you here.

Albuquerque, NM USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Our first choice hotel was full, so we ended up here. The best part was breakfast with a great selection of eggs, oatmeal, cereals, fruit, the requisite waffles, and good coffee. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The pool was small and wasn't clean. My kids were in and out in 15 minutes. The staff were friendly and helpful and suggested a great Mexican place down the road 1/2 a mile.

• Stayed June 2013
We are happy to hear your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Bakersfield- Central was satisfactory. We are also glad that you and your family found our breakfast had a great selection to choose from. Hampton Inn's always have a great variety of breakfast items. We hope you stay with us again soon. We love having you here.

Denver, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hampton Inn is a great chain of hotels. This one is very much a middle of the road example. It doesn't stand out and it's not bad. I would stay here again. You can always rely on Hampton Inn to have a good internet connection. Free breakfast that includes hot items. Hotel is clean. Workout center has the cardio machines but little else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for all your positive feedback you made of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that our accommodations were to your satisfaction. We hope you come stay with us again soon. We love having you here.

San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The pool was good, the room was clean, they gave me everything I needed from towels to extra bags, the housekeepers cleaned our room and air conditioner worked great. It made my step son graduation a good one. Having all the food options near helped alot but the morning breakfast made my stay worth while. I am happy I picked this place better than the 4 star hotel. Will be back.

Room Tip: Micro fridge was perfect.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hampton100, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I am so glad your stay with us was satuisfactory. We are pleased you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast buffet and that your stay during your step-son's graduation was a good one. We do hope to have you here with us again.
Sandie Carwtright
lancaster ca, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great location close to antique shops, restaurants, Federal Court, and old town Bakersfield. Super clean, efficient staff, great complimentary breakfast. It is our first choice when in Bakersfield. Super easy access to freeway on and off ramps.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate your business and so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are also very pleased to be your first choice when in Bakersfield, and do hope to continue serving and accomadating your needs.
Sandie Carwtright