“Great place to stay in Bakersfield!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Victorville, California
“Great place to stay in Bakersfield!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

While working in the Bakersfield area I stayed at this Hampton Inn every week from August 2011 to December 2011. The staff is very friendly and they went over the top to make sure my stays were comfortable. The hotel is kept unbelievably clean!!! The hot breakfast is more than adequate with a huge selection of items. The beds and pillows are very comfortable, I never had a bad nights sleep. Free internet is fast and reliable. The only bad is that the fitness room has a lot to be desired. I will happily stay here again when I am in the area! This is a great hotel!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

This is your typical "road trip" stop type of hotel. If that's what you want. You're good. Typical Hampton. Everything seemed cleaned. Decent night sleep. Nothing really bad. Staff was friendly enough. Breakfast was stocked. Room was clean.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor I suppose. It's not a high traffic area at night.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Pismo Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

First the Good
The Hotel is clean and recently renovated
The location is central to town and easy access to freeway
The staff was good
The price was good

The Less Good
The hotel is old, low popcorn ceilings, room air conditioning is window type units without thermostat, the bathrooms are older style unlike other Hamptons.
The breakfast is provided as in all Hamptons - this Hampton has a small breakfast area that was completely overrun with small kids. When ever the staff put out 3 muffins (pitifull and inadequate) the kids were like hungry wolfs and in an instant nothing was left. I waited around for several rounds and gave up on breakfast.

Summary - This hotel is Average or worse for a Hampton

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Hampton100, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Thank you so very much for you feed back on our Hampton Inn Bakersfield-Central. Yes, we have recently done some renovations, and are continuing to make more changes. I appologize for some aspects that are a bit older and need up-dating. We are aware of these and are making changes to be a better Hotel for you and all our guests. We are glad you stayed with us, and hope to see your continued patronage here with us. We love having you here.
Thank You and Happy Holidays!!
N. Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Great comfortable bed, large tv with great channels and reception. Quiet. Clean. Breakfast selections much better than average. Coffee/tea available in the lobby, I believe at all hours. Pleasant service. No problems to report!! Highly recommended. I stayed 2 nights and it was just great.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on the south side, adjacent to the back of Travelodge, so there are no cars ther...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Thank You so much for you response about our Hampton Inn Bakersfield-Central We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you nect time you return to the Bakersfield Area.
Cathey's Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stay at Hampton Inns a lot and this one is typical. Interior and furnishings looked very new and I was pleased with most aspects of my stay. Two things stood out that didn't allow me to give 5 circles instead of 4. The front desk check-in lady was not very informative or cordial. She didn't even tell us where the elevator was or where our rooms were located. Seems she was too busy talking on the phone while we had to wait. Even though I made the reservation online, she seemed confused that it was made with an AARP discount, and wasn't sure how to handle that without several other questions unnecessarily being asked. Also the breakfast was very nice, typical Hampton Inn fare, but the layout was very poor. The breakfast area was on the side of the lobby instead of an individual room like most Hamptons. There weren't enough tables because of the small area and several of the tables are right next to the lobby doors. Good breakfast, well stocked, but very poor location. Other than those 2 minor things, I'd stay here again and hopefully wouldn't get "Miss Lack of Personality" when I check in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn and were pleaseantly suprised. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar was well stocked, clean and the staff was friendly! i would highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hampton100, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
We appreciate and value your business with us at Hampton Inn Bakersfield-Central. Thank you so much from our entire staff of your wonderful comments. We are happy you and your wife enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit with us.
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I am a resident of Bakersfield. I have friends and family that from time to time come visit from out of town. While here, I always book them rooms at this same Hampton Inn. The quality of customer service that I experience starting from when I book the rooms all the way until I check them out is always consistent with a smile. The beds are extremely comfortable, so comfortable that I even stay the night sometimes and I live here. The breakfast is delicious with so many options to choose from, and served with a smile. Just recently they added new carpet and 32 in flat panel television which just made the hotel even better. The Wireless works great. The pool is cozy and relaxing. The price paid is WELL worth it. The hotel is centrally located and is only minutes from anything. Across the street there is Camelot Park- Family fun center with Go Carts, bumper boats, miniature golf, batting cages, a full arcade and snack bar, which is great for when I have family with kids in town, they just walk across the street. The hotel has a very knowledgeable staff that genuinely cares about their customers needs and expectations. For example, a friend of mine was staying in town and she was not familiar with Bakersfield. She asked the front desk clerk Jennifer for a recommendation for a nice scenic spot. She gave her directions to get to Hart Park, and on those directions she included the hotels telephone number in case she got lost. She had a great time and loved the views out there. Luckily the number was listed because what do you know, she did get lost on her way back. She called the hotel in a panic and was given the assurance by Billy that she will be ok and was given turn by turn directions while still on the phone back to the hotel. Now that is going above and beyond. Way To Go. The only downfall I have come across has been that their pool is not heated, which is ok in the summer because it gets hot here. 100% Satisfied

Room Tip: On a couple of occasions if needed they do have ajoining rooms. The ones I have gotten had a king in...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hampton100, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am glad that your family enjoys their visits to the Hampton Inn Bakersfield-Central. We currently are still working on some changes in the hotel. Hopefully in the near future you will be able to see all the new rennovations to come. Thank You once again for feedback.

Been to Hampton Inn Bakersfield - Central? Share your experiences!