This Marriott has a lot to offer, and is a great choice for business travelers in Bakersfield. The lobbies and hallways have obviously been renovated since this hotel opened, since they have the new look of the Marriott hotels. The rooms were good sized, and have free wi-fi for all guests (higher speed is available for additional costs). The bed was very comfortable, with the good Marriott linens. The bathroom was a bit small, but not bad for a single traveler. The one downside was that there was quite a bit of noise that came into the room from the hallway, and I could hear conversation and other noise quiet clearly through the connection door to the room beside mine.
The conceirge lounge had good hot and cold options for breakfast, including eggs, bacon, fresh fruit and various muffins and rolls. The evenings had a nice selection of appetizers, and some very tasty desserts later in the night. I also had a great turkey club sandwich from room service one night. It had nice slices of turkey and bacon on fresh toasted sourdough bread, and it left me so full even though I took one of the three pieces of bread out of each piece of sandwich.
While the hotel was supposedly pretty much sold out for 3 of the nights I was there, it never felt like the hotel was overrun. The last day, there was a church group meeting in the Convention Center next door, and the lobby was packed with visitors attending that meeting, but that was the exception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Bakersfield. Unique amongst hotels in Bakersfield, we are a full-service Bakersfield convention center hotel that is connected to the Rabobank Arena, Theatre & Convention Center complex. Featuring eight meeting rooms and 9,136 sq ft of total meeting space, our Bakersfield, CA hotel is ideal for meetings, training, and conferences. Enjoy our hotel's high-tech guest rooms and suites featuring 32" HD TVs, high-speed wireless internet access, luxurious bedding package and luxurious amenities. Concierge level rooms and suites offer an added level of sophistication unrivaled by other Bakersfield hotels. After work, guests can enjoy the endless options for shopping, dining, or simply enjoy an evening at our hotel's restaurant - The Nines, featuring fresh, American cuisine in a contemporary, upscale setting. Stay in the heart of it all at the luxuriously appointed Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bakersfield Marriott At The Hotel Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Marriott At Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Holiday Inn