“Always a pleasure...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Los Angeles
“Always a pleasure...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

For business, this is your best choice in Bakersfield. The hotel is centrally located in the downtown area and provides easy access to all ends of the city. The rooms were clean and well-appointed and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful as always. The bar provides a lovely area for lounging and libations and the bar staff is professional and conversational. I requested an item that is not on the menu and the restaurant staff made it happen. Great customer service all around. I won't stay anywhere else on my Bakersfield business trips.

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stopped off in Bakersfield on the way from Vegas to the coast. Paid $115 for a very nice room. Decent bathroom, big comfortable beds, tea and coffee making facilities. Staff very friendly. The hotel is 3 or 4 blocks from some apparently decent bars but we just chilled in the hotel bar and had a meal at their restaurant. Food was OK, but nothing special.

Big plus for us was the fact that it had a laundry for guests. We we're running low on clean gear after a few days on the road. Bit frustrating that they didn't sell any washing powder (other places with laudries do) so had to drive a few blocks to get some. It would be no problem for them to supply it and a huge plus for guests.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Okie dokie, this is a very good place to put your head after a long or short day. Price is reasonable, bar is good and people are nice. I don't eat in hotel restaurants as a matter of policy so I can't help you there.

The Marriott is a nice place and is my one place to go when doing business in Bakersfield. Now, Bakersfield is something else to discuss....

Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed on business at the Marriot in Bakersfield several times. It is very convenient and modern. The hotel staff are some of the best that I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, from the staff at reception, to the café and bar, they are all top notch people. With that said, I have noticed a slight downturn in the overall condition of the hotel property. This includes carpeting and the room interiors....I'm hoping this is just a minor staff adjustment or perhaps some oversight in management, but it appears to have gotten worse since my initial stay. I hope that with a few adjustments to maintenance and overall pride of ownership this fine hotel can continue to set the standard for rooming in Bakersfield.

Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I travel to Bakersfield on business regularly and the Marriott is my favorite place to stay. The property is clean, modern, up to date, and conveniently located in downtown, which is good for my business appointments. My rooms are always clean and very well maintained. Sometimes I get a mini refrigerator in my room which is very convenient.

I am at Marriott Gold member and have access to the executive lounge. The personnel there are very friendly and accommodating. I just wish the prices on their wine and beers were more reasonable for their loyal customers. The prices during the happy hour in the lobby bar is cheaper than the executive lounge, so what gives? That makes no sense. Still, it is nice to have the hot appetizers in the afternoon and a nice breakfast in the morning in the lounge.

I would recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good location - 5 min drive from Greyhound and Amtrak stations. Very friendly hotel staff - especially reception staff...Dominique was very helpful and always smiling when addressing any of our queries. Very clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. Swimming pool was nice but the jacuzzi water was boiling hot! (maybe because of the intense heat?!) Food in the hotel restaurant was delicious and very vegetarian friendly!! The restaurant staff were very accommodating to our dietary requirements and were polite. Free hotel wifi was available at each corner of the hotel and was very quick to connect. The water cooler that dispensed cold water was a very good idea as it was extremely hot during our stay and a cold drink was always welcomed! Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here recently with a friend. This is my second trip to the Bakersfield area recently and I know I'll be back. The Marriott was outstanding in terms of quality of the room, price and service. My experience here couldn't have been any different from the poor experience I had at the Four Points weeks earlier. Here, the rooms were great and very comfortable, the check in process was easy and we were up in our room in no time. I had a high floor (7th) which gave a nice view out. Others have commented on the trains which we faced but we had no problems with noise. Parking was fine and generally available, though I'll say that there appeared to be a couple of weddings going on during our stay and the parking lot filled up when those were going!
The restaurant, bar and pool were really wonderful. My only criticism would be that they should look at having someone from the bar periodically go out thru the outdoor seating and pool areas to clean up and take orders out there. We sat out by the pool for a lazy Saturday afternoon and several people commented that they'd have liked a drink or food but kept having to go inside to the bar to order....might not be a big deal but I think they could have sold a lot more drinks and food if they'd had someone cruise thru once or twice an hour. Beyond that though, the pool was just perfect...very refreshing in the heat. Really, I don't have anything negative to write. I'll probably be back in the area in a couple of weeks. I'm already planning the trip and we'll be staying at the Marriott I'm sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!