“Needs a few adjustments” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Bend, Oregon
“Needs a few adjustments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed on business at the Marriot in Bakersfield several times. It is very convenient and modern. The hotel staff are some of the best that I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, from the staff at reception, to the café and bar, they are all top notch people. With that said, I have noticed a slight downturn in the overall condition of the hotel property. This includes carpeting and the room interiors....I'm hoping this is just a minor staff adjustment or perhaps some oversight in management, but it appears to have gotten worse since my initial stay. I hope that with a few adjustments to maintenance and overall pride of ownership this fine hotel can continue to set the standard for rooming in Bakersfield.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I travel to Bakersfield on business regularly and the Marriott is my favorite place to stay. The property is clean, modern, up to date, and conveniently located in downtown, which is good for my business appointments. My rooms are always clean and very well maintained. Sometimes I get a mini refrigerator in my room which is very convenient.

I am at Marriott Gold member and have access to the executive lounge. The personnel there are very friendly and accommodating. I just wish the prices on their wine and beers were more reasonable for their loyal customers. The prices during the happy hour in the lobby bar is cheaper than the executive lounge, so what gives? That makes no sense. Still, it is nice to have the hot appetizers in the afternoon and a nice breakfast in the morning in the lounge.

I would recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good location - 5 min drive from Greyhound and Amtrak stations. Very friendly hotel staff - especially reception staff...Dominique was very helpful and always smiling when addressing any of our queries. Very clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. Swimming pool was nice but the jacuzzi water was boiling hot! (maybe because of the intense heat?!) Food in the hotel restaurant was delicious and very vegetarian friendly!! The restaurant staff were very accommodating to our dietary requirements and were polite. Free hotel wifi was available at each corner of the hotel and was very quick to connect. The water cooler that dispensed cold water was a very good idea as it was extremely hot during our stay and a cold drink was always welcomed! Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here recently with a friend. This is my second trip to the Bakersfield area recently and I know I'll be back. The Marriott was outstanding in terms of quality of the room, price and service. My experience here couldn't have been any different from the poor experience I had at the Four Points weeks earlier. Here, the rooms were great and very comfortable, the check in process was easy and we were up in our room in no time. I had a high floor (7th) which gave a nice view out. Others have commented on the trains which we faced but we had no problems with noise. Parking was fine and generally available, though I'll say that there appeared to be a couple of weddings going on during our stay and the parking lot filled up when those were going!
The restaurant, bar and pool were really wonderful. My only criticism would be that they should look at having someone from the bar periodically go out thru the outdoor seating and pool areas to clean up and take orders out there. We sat out by the pool for a lazy Saturday afternoon and several people commented that they'd have liked a drink or food but kept having to go inside to the bar to order....might not be a big deal but I think they could have sold a lot more drinks and food if they'd had someone cruise thru once or twice an hour. Beyond that though, the pool was just perfect...very refreshing in the heat. Really, I don't have anything negative to write. I'll probably be back in the area in a couple of weeks. I'm already planning the trip and we'll be staying at the Marriott I'm sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped off for one night halfway through our drive from San Diego to Yosemite. The rooms were clean and nice, and the staff was quite friendly and helpful. The front desk staff helpfully provided directions to a great Italian restaurant in the area for dinner and the morning staff at Starbucks were very friendly. They even have a computer and printer in the lobby for guest use.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stockton, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We attended a wedding that had its reception at this hotel. The room was ready when we arrived. It was clean with comfortable beds and good towels. The free wifi worked great. The price seemed reasonable for a Marriott.

The only down side was that parking can be a challenge if there is a couple of big gathering scheduled, which there was when we were there. Also, which is no fault of the hotel, we had some noisy neighbors that let the kids run wild.

I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our room was very nice - on the 6th or 7th floor of the building - and spacious The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room itself was impeccably clean. The staff at the front desk were VERY NICE and accommodating! The only reasons I did not give this hotel 5 stars is because 1) the jacuzzi had a pebble finish that made it very uncomfortable and 2) Partiers that were VERY loud right down the hall. I didn't call security to deal with them - just went down the hall and knocked on the door. When the girl opened the door and I asked if they could "keep the noise down as it was 4 a.m. in the morning," she laughed and said, "it's a hotel." So I told her I would just take the matter up with security and walked back to my room. We didn't hear a peep from them the rest of the night (morning actually)! -( So I guess , the girl got the message - Hee hee!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!