“Great place in Bakes” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
“Great place in Bakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here recently with a friend. This is my second trip to the Bakersfield area recently and I know I'll be back. The Marriott was outstanding in terms of quality of the room, price and service. My experience here couldn't have been any different from the poor experience I had at the Four Points weeks earlier. Here, the rooms were great and very comfortable, the check in process was easy and we were up in our room in no time. I had a high floor (7th) which gave a nice view out. Others have commented on the trains which we faced but we had no problems with noise. Parking was fine and generally available, though I'll say that there appeared to be a couple of weddings going on during our stay and the parking lot filled up when those were going!
The restaurant, bar and pool were really wonderful. My only criticism would be that they should look at having someone from the bar periodically go out thru the outdoor seating and pool areas to clean up and take orders out there. We sat out by the pool for a lazy Saturday afternoon and several people commented that they'd have liked a drink or food but kept having to go inside to the bar to order....might not be a big deal but I think they could have sold a lot more drinks and food if they'd had someone cruise thru once or twice an hour. Beyond that though, the pool was just perfect...very refreshing in the heat. Really, I don't have anything negative to write. I'll probably be back in the area in a couple of weeks. I'm already planning the trip and we'll be staying at the Marriott I'm sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped off for one night halfway through our drive from San Diego to Yosemite. The rooms were clean and nice, and the staff was quite friendly and helpful. The front desk staff helpfully provided directions to a great Italian restaurant in the area for dinner and the morning staff at Starbucks were very friendly. They even have a computer and printer in the lobby for guest use.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Stockton, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We attended a wedding that had its reception at this hotel. The room was ready when we arrived. It was clean with comfortable beds and good towels. The free wifi worked great. The price seemed reasonable for a Marriott.

The only down side was that parking can be a challenge if there is a couple of big gathering scheduled, which there was when we were there. Also, which is no fault of the hotel, we had some noisy neighbors that let the kids run wild.

I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our room was very nice - on the 6th or 7th floor of the building - and spacious The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room itself was impeccably clean. The staff at the front desk were VERY NICE and accommodating! The only reasons I did not give this hotel 5 stars is because 1) the jacuzzi had a pebble finish that made it very uncomfortable and 2) Partiers that were VERY loud right down the hall. I didn't call security to deal with them - just went down the hall and knocked on the door. When the girl opened the door and I asked if they could "keep the noise down as it was 4 a.m. in the morning," she laughed and said, "it's a hotel." So I told her I would just take the matter up with security and walked back to my room. We didn't hear a peep from them the rest of the night (morning actually)! -( So I guess , the girl got the message - Hee hee!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mykonos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stopped off at Bakersfield for a break from our trip from San Diego to San Francisco on I5.

We were warned that Bakersfield is not a great town, but it really isn't that bad.

The Marriott at the Convention Center is an excellent hotel. The rooms are clean and big and quiet.

But the WIFI connection is atrocious. You'll be lucky if you can check your email. We were on the sixth floor, of course, but that shouldn't make a difference.

There are plenty of stores within a 1-mile radius and there are plenty of places that will deliver pizza or Chinese to your room.

Parking for hotel guests is free.

All in all, we were very satisfied with the hotel.

Room Tip: You might want to pick a room next on a lower floor, so you're closer to the lobby if you need a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last year. Both trips were for business. You'll have a difficult time finding a cleaner more accommodating hotel - anywhere.

However...

If you are staying here for business and need reliable Internet service, I suggest you bring a sleeping bag and camp out in the lobby. Because that is the only place you can expect a stable connection. I've experienced this issue both times I've stayed. I figured the first was a fluke, and even mentioned it to the desk clerk.

They have to get this fixed. I cannot stay there again.

- Marriott Platinum Travler

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Marriott_BFL, General Manager at Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hello Greg D.
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the issues you experienced.
We appreciate your feedback as it is crucial in our efforts to improve and make your stay more enjoyable.
I'm pleased to announce we have begun our internet upgrade to the facility, due to contractual obligations we were unable to make changes to our previous internet service, however we have begun the process to install new equipment and we are anticipating speeds up to 30mbps, the project will be completed by June 28th, 2013.

Please feel free contact me directly at carlos.navarro@bakersfieldmarriott.com if you would like to discuss any more details. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences encountered and I thank you for the opportunity to be of service.
Los Angeles, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I just stayed at the Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center in Bakersfield. My wife and I stayed here for one night when we went to see a Juanes concert and will return anytime we have a need to stay in
Bakersfield again. Every staff member, and I mean EVERY staff member, was friendly and accommodating. The truly made our staff homey, relaxing and pleasant.

The location is perfect for the convention or an event at the center next door.just walk over to the event. The hotel parking is free and you don't have to worry about paying for parking in order to attend the concert.

The room rate was excellent. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rewards club members get extra perks and upgrades.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!