I stayed here recently with a friend. This is my second trip to the Bakersfield area recently and I know I'll be back. The Marriott was outstanding in terms of quality of the room, price and service. My experience here couldn't have been any different from the poor experience I had at the Four Points weeks earlier. Here, the rooms were great and very comfortable, the check in process was easy and we were up in our room in no time. I had a high floor (7th) which gave a nice view out. Others have commented on the trains which we faced but we had no problems with noise. Parking was fine and generally available, though I'll say that there appeared to be a couple of weddings going on during our stay and the parking lot filled up when those were going!
The restaurant, bar and pool were really wonderful. My only criticism would be that they should look at having someone from the bar periodically go out thru the outdoor seating and pool areas to clean up and take orders out there. We sat out by the pool for a lazy Saturday afternoon and several people commented that they'd have liked a drink or food but kept having to go inside to the bar to order....might not be a big deal but I think they could have sold a lot more drinks and food if they'd had someone cruise thru once or twice an hour. Beyond that though, the pool was just perfect...very refreshing in the heat. Really, I don't have anything negative to write. I'll probably be back in the area in a couple of weeks. I'm already planning the trip and we'll be staying at the Marriott I'm sure!
- Also Known As:
- Bakersfield Marriott At The Hotel Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Marriott At The Hotel
- Bakersfield Marriott At Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Bakersfield. Unique amongst hotels in Bakersfield, we are a full-service Bakersfield convention center hotel that is connected to the Rabobank Arena, Theatre & Convention Center complex. Featuring eight meeting rooms and 9,136 sq ft of total meeting space, our Bakersfield, CA hotel is ideal for meetings, training, and conferences. Enjoy our hotel's high-tech guest rooms and suites featuring 32" HD TVs, high-speed wireless internet access, luxurious bedding package and luxurious amenities. Concierge level rooms and suites offer an added level of sophistication unrivaled by other Bakersfield hotels. After work, guests can enjoy the endless options for shopping, dining, or simply enjoy an evening at our hotel's restaurant - The Nines, featuring fresh, American cuisine in a contemporary, upscale setting. Stay in the heart of it all at the luxuriously appointed Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.