“The Best of the Best!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Avondale, Arizona
“The Best of the Best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had an extaordinary experience. The very best of bed we have ever slept on, and the staff was the best. As always Marriott does not disappoint. The restaurant food was excellent as well, could not have had a better breakfast than we did. Overall experience was exceptional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hungarian first
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I had to leave the Travelodge on Oak in the middle of the night due to safety concerns and rude neighbors & staff. I found this place in an emergency situation at 3am and the staff could not have been more sympathetic and helpful. They worked with me on rates because of my awkward check in time and were very concerned about my frazzled mental state - even offered me tea. Once I got to my room - which cost only $10 more than the Travelodge disaster - I was very happy. The bed was amazing, shower head had good spray and pressure, an the whole room is looks new and immaculate. The wifi is free and worked super fast for me on my HP and Apple products. The parking lot is huge, well lit, and patrolled. The police station an courthouse are down the road, so I felt very safe. And as a woman alone, that's all I wanted. But as usual, the Marriott continues to impress. This and the courtyard Marriott will be the only 2 places I stay in Bakersfield ever again.

• Stayed April 2013
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just completed a 5 week job in Bakersfield, during which time I tried several hotels. This one was the best. Everyone was polite, everything worked as expected. Staying here was actually a relief after some of the other hotels, and I slept better. And its a pretty good deal; sure you could save $10/night at the Best Western, $30/night at Econo Lodge, but there onemust trade savings for less helpful staff, thin walls, and way more late night noise when trying to be bright and ready for work the next day.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've stayed at the Bakersfield Marriott four or five times and my experiences have all been great. The hotel is conveniently located and the staff is friendly. It's also very clean. When I return to Bakersfield, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel has a very nice lobby and free parking. That's about where the positives end. The WiFi here is actually worse than 1990s era dial up. I went to the front desk to ask about it and I got the same look that people give you when they don't speak English. It is UNACCEPTABLE for any hotel of this stature not to have good WiFi.

The walls and windows also must be made of paper. It is the noisiest hotel that I have ever stayed at. Sirens blaring all night, loud people in the hallways. You can actually hear chatter from the bar area from a 3rd floor room.

This is one of the worst hotel experiences that I have ever had and I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed one night and were towing a trailer so I chose this establishment because it had a restaurant on site. It was a ways off of the freeway but well worth it. All of the staff we encountered were happy and helpful. There was a great hotel bar and we chose to eat there. The food was very good. We will return if we ever have to stay in Bakersfield again. The only hiccup was that our breakfast order that I hung on the door was lost. Once I phoned the front desk they were very apologetic and our food arrived in a short while. I think that it was a great value and even though it is an older building Marriott is doing a good job keeping it up to date.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ridgecrest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We hadn't stayed at this hotel since it was reopened as a Marriott. It was a Holiday Inn before. It was great. We stayed on the ninth floor for three days. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice. The room was clean and the beds were great. The exercise room is bright and modern.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family