“Had a great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Lemoore, California
“Had a great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

As always, the Marriott brand has not disappointed me. My husband and I stayed for an overnight over the weekend. Our room was on the second floor and it was really nice. We love the kitchen amenities (although we didn't cook as it was just an overnight stay). The area is quiet. We liked the complimentary breakfast. Even though the dining area was quite filled up when we ate, the staff were constantly refilling the food so there wasn't really a problem getting enough.

We had no problems checking in, just took a few minutes. Checking out was a breeze.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I am glad you and your husband were able to visit with us even if it was only overnight. Keep us in mind when your future travel needs bring you in the area. We'd love to have you stay again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at this Residence Inn for almost 3 months while relocating here. My son, small dog, and I were treated very well, and the staff was excellent. We really felt at home, and it was a casual family and friends atmosphere. The room was spacious and well-furnished.
There were complimentary beverages and appetizers or dinners 3 night a week, and that was nice, in addition to great free breakfasts every day. They try hard to keep the menu interesting too. There was a good bit of outdoor space, and basketball/ tennis courts, a pool and grill for use. They have adequate parking and worked with me on any special requests. There are several good restaurants within a short walk, like across the street. It's also conveniently located for commuting.
Overall, it was a real nice, quiet, pet-friendly place, and I recommend it!

Stayed January 2014
I am very happy to hear you felt so good about your time with us. Your thoughtful words are appreciated and are motivating for us to continue taking exceptional care of our guests. It is what we love to do. I see you are relocating to the area. On behalf of the entire staff here, I'd like to welcome you Bakersfield. We're glad you are here.
Bartow, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I have to say that the staff here have been wonderful. They're friendly, responsive, and flexible. And they do all that under really busy conditions. It's what makes them so busy that makes this hotel not a favorite for me. This is my 3rd visit here, and every time, they've been packed with families with lots of kids. I love kids, but if you want to take advantage of the breakfast or evening light dinner, you'll be competing with kids who see it as a free for all with all they can eat. The staff can barely keep the food trays filled. But I still have to give it to the staff--they do a great job, and they keep it clean too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hi Marcia- I'm not sure what to say about your low rating. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and hotel, and I'm sorry to hear the other hotel guests that were families displeased you. Our hotel has a diverse group of guests including business travelers, leisure travelers, families, people relocating, on projects, training, etc. Everyone is welcome and we enjoy meeting and taking care of all. Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate your business.
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I actually live in town and had to stay here for a few days due to a flood at my home. I was very pleasantly surprised at the wonderful accommodations. My suite was very clean. It had a good size kitchen with a full size fridge and dishwasher for those who don't want to go out to eat. There are several nice restaurants within walking distance, however and an organic grocery store across the street. The place is pet friendly with a nice dog walking area in back. The pool and grounds, including a tennis court and barbecue area are clean and well taken care of. It is a very busy area of town, being near the heart of the finance district, so congested somewhat, but also has movie theaters and a large chain bookstore all within walking distance. The breakfast offered here is better than most as there are protein options available. They also have wine and snacks every evening in the lobby. The staff was very understanding of my need to check in early and were friendly and attentive throughout my stay. I did find the bed to be somewhat uncomfortable, but that may be only personal preference.

Room Tip: I had a corner room facing the parking lot rather than the inside courtyard but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts. I'm sorry to hear about the circumstances at your house that lead you to us, but I'm glad you visited with us. I hope everything at home is dry, fixed and back to normal.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel was great. Clean, super clean. The rooms come with a kitchenette - stove, full size fridge, dish washer. The pool was great too. Clean and not too warm, not too cold.
The staff was very helpful and the free breakfast was awesome.
There are enough restaurants and shopping malls around to keep everyone satisfied. You name it, it is local.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All the team members appreciate your kind comments. Please keep us in mind when you are in the area again. We'd love to be your host.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We booked a two bedroom unit and was extremely pleased with the cleanliness and quality of the rooms, plenty of space and a well equipped kitchen. The external area between the building was very well maintained and the breakfast was good with plenty of choice. The price was amazing excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
I appreciate your remarks about your recent visit. It makes me happy knowing everything worked out well for you and the accommodations met your needs. Please come back and visit again soon.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for two weeks but moved out after one. This place could be great but...it's not. The location is good and the room size is good, we rented a two bedroom, but the cleaners either don't care or can't read English. I left two notes pointing out that between the bed and nightstand there was animal hair and toenail clippings which disgusted me. Later, the note was gone but hair and nails were still there. This is a pet friendly hotel so also expect the smell of carpet cleaner (which I prefer to animal stink, but still..). Stay here but bring your own cleaning supplies? Breakfast selection was adequate.

• Stayed April 2014
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit. Please accept my apologies for the problem you experienced. Be assured I will follow up with the Housekeeping Supervisor and Housekeeper that prepared your room. Your valuable help will improve our service for future guests.

Been to Residence Inn Bakersfield? Share your experiences!