“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Milton Keynes,
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We booked a two bedroom unit and was extremely pleased with the cleanliness and quality of the rooms, plenty of space and a well equipped kitchen. The external area between the building was very well maintained and the breakfast was good with plenty of choice. The price was amazing excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
I appreciate your remarks about your recent visit. It makes me happy knowing everything worked out well for you and the accommodations met your needs. Please come back and visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We booked this hotel for two weeks but moved out after one. This place could be great but...it's not. The location is good and the room size is good, we rented a two bedroom, but the cleaners either don't care or can't read English. I left two notes pointing out that between the bed and nightstand there was animal hair and toenail clippings which disgusted me. Later, the note was gone but hair and nails were still there. This is a pet friendly hotel so also expect the smell of carpet cleaner (which I prefer to animal stink, but still..). Stay here but bring your own cleaning supplies? Breakfast selection was adequate.

• Stayed April 2014
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit. Please accept my apologies for the problem you experienced. Be assured I will follow up with the Housekeeping Supervisor and Housekeeper that prepared your room. Your valuable help will improve our service for future guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

At first I was tentative about booking a room at this location due to some of the other reviews stating that it was old and dated. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk. After some friendly chatter, I proceeded to my room. She never told me, but she had upgraded me to a 2 bedroom suite which was immaculate. Even though I was traveling alone, the extra space was welcome and I felt at home right away. The rest of the facility was well maintained and just as clean. I was very pleased and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thanks Will for writing about your recent visit to the Residence Inn. It makes me happy to know you were pleasantly surprised with your experience. I'm proud of our staff here because they sincerely enjoy meeting new people and taking care of their guests. We look forward to your next visit!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend and brought our Bassett Hound, they charge a $100 no refundable pet sanitation fee.
The suite was clean, with a fully stocked kitchen and a REAL 12 cup coffee maker! If coffee is important to you, I would recommend bringing your own coffee filters and coffee because all they have are those premeasured packets which just aren't strong enough in my opinion.
The bed was firm and comfortable, with crisp "bleachy smelling" linens. The bath towels were crisp and smelled of bleach as well..
They only give you a tiny bar of soap and a single use Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner, no lotion or shower cap.
They serve a modest buffet style breakfast of scrambled eggs, biscuits &gravy, bagels,toast waffles etc...
There is a lot of trees and a large grassy area for your dog.
There is no smoking in the suites ,so smokers stand outside and puff away, so our windows had to stay closed the entire time.
The surrounding area is quiet with restaurants a short walk or drive away.
I will definitely stay here again when I have the displeasure of returning to Bakersfield.

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee and coffee filters, creamer . Soap, shampoo lotion
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi Kristee! Thanks for sharing your impressions. It's given me an idea about the coffee offering. I appreciate it. Come back soon.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was on my way to Las Vegas with my wife and we passed through Bakersfield and we decided to stay at the residence inn.. we always stay at a Marriott whenever we travel. the rooms where of course very clean and fully stocked.But i have to say that when i walked in through the door a young lady greeted me and my wife with a warm hearted smile.I travel all the time but i have not seen such and honest smile ever. When she checked us in she was very polite and she asked if we had any preferences on our room, i told her what i wanted and she got it for me. We needed to go get some stuff at the store as well as grab something on the go she gave us personal recommendations as well as a map from the hotel to all our destinations. i have never seen anyone so determined to make my stay so easy. and i will always remember her because she wore a flower in her right ear and also very sociable she told me breakfast is going to be good because she is not going to be cooking that made me laugh and put me at ease hopping our stay wont be as bad as the rest. Because we have had awful experiences int he past but not at THE RESIDENCE INN IN BAKERSFIEL. I believe her name was Lanet. so please if she is checking you in I can assure you that you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: rooms in the gatehouse are very cozy!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wow! Thanks for such a nice review. I will be sure to let Lannette know how she made you feel. Although it is important that the product is to your expectations, it is the people and service that make the most memorable impression. To be honest, it's also the most fun to do. We appreciate you making our day, too! See you next time.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I quickly booked this hotel online and then read a few reviews. Initially I was worried, but really, our family could not be happier with this hotel. The hotel had two bedrooms and two comfy beds with lounge area and kitchen. The fold out , admittedly was not so comfy, but it was only for one night. Breakfast was basic, but filling and there was something for everyone in our family. We liked it!

Room Tip: Maybe not the end closest to the rail line , but in saying that , it's not too bad.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thanks for writing Maxine! I'm glad to hear the hotel was comfortable for you and your family. You're visiting from Melbourne? That's great! Enjoy your entire trip to the United States! We're glad you're here.
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Nice bed and bedding, pleasant decor, kitchenette with everything but an oven, big flat screen TV, good breakfast in the morning, even nice soft towels. Quiet even on the ground floor, good location right off the freeway but no freeway noise. Pleasant staff. Very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rich F, General Manager at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thanks for your thoughts Denelle! We appreciate you helping us stay on top of doing a good job and thank you for your business. Come back soon!

Been to Residence Inn Bakersfield? Share your experiences!