“room great, but location a little sketchy” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Wifi & Bonus Points
Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
San Diego, California
“room great, but location a little sketchy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The rooms were great. we had our 5 week old baby with us - we were in town for a family wedding - and I would not feel comfortable walking around in the area. The hotel itself was fine and the extra space and kitchen were perfect for our needs with the baby.
I would stay here again for something like a wedding, but it's not really a 'vacation' destination type of place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Marriott family seems to be running a special on broken hot tubs; we have had very poor luck of late in locating a facility with availability and a functioning jacuzzi.

The breakfasts were good, and not the same things every day. Very, very comfortable room with a good ice maker in the freezer. The overall layout of the property encourages walking with convenient parking. They gave us a AAA discount!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We booked the Residence Inn By Marriott in Bakersfield to break up our drive from the SF Bay Area to Las Vegas. The winter months do not provide lots of sun, and we do not like to drive I-15 in the dark. We chose this hotel because they allow pets ( with no limits on the amount of pets, nor size of pets). This place is truly a gem for a stayover. The rooms are like modern small apartments. We had a studio which had a full and very modern kitchen, large flat screen tv, king bed and sofa bed. The room was very nice. If you are bringing pets there is a large dog walk area. There is a free and very good breakfast. Lots of shopping and restaurants close by and easy access to interstate. We liked it so much we booked it on our return. I highly recommend this hotel for an overnight in Bakersfield.

Room Tip: Mimi's Cafe is across the street. You can order online. They have good value family meals whic...
California City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have stayed at this Inn 3 times over the past 5 years. There were 4 adults and one teenager in our party so we stayed in a 2 room suite. The bedrooms were small but very comfortable. This inn is becoming a little dated so could use some work. The drapes in one bedroom did not close at the top so a lot of light came in very early in the morning. The TVs in the bedrooms & living room worked well - all flat screen with HD. The wireless Wi-Fi was excellent & very fast. In fact we had a suite at the far end of the property & the connectivity was still excellent. Beds were comfortable & the thermostat functioned accurately and was easy to adjust. Kitchen was well appointed with all items to include a large refrigerator, M/W, Coffee Pot (coffee & tea provided). A few pots and pans and eating utensils. Nice counter with stools. The breakfast was very good & was kept well stocked during eating hours. USA today provided free for pickup at the front desk. Check-in and out was very easy & the front desk personnel were very friendly & seemed to enjoy their jobs. Parking is free and plentiful. We will stay again!

Carpinteria, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am writing this as I sit in this hotel.
I have been in Bakersfield on business for the past 2 months. I usually stay at the Courtyard on Rosedale (fantastic place) however this time I thought I would try the Residence Inn do to the fact that it had a kitchen. Upon arrival we pulled up to the office and were immediately approached by someone asking us for money. We then checked in to our room 1313. At first glance it seemed clean, but as the time passed things became apparent. To list a few... The ceiling in the kitchen was splattered with what I hope was pasta sauce. The coffee maker had used coffee grounds from the previous occupant. the desk had some sticky substance on it , door handle on bathroom was loose and had a brown stain. in the bathroom the towel rack was bent and the shower curtain had a mysterious brown stain on it as well. To top it off room service never came in. When I called the office and made mention that we our room was not cleaned , they said that we must have had the do not disturb sign on the door. We did have the sign on until 11 am. The TV was nice flat HD screen but most of the HD channels had no signal. To top it off, my fiancé wakes up with a bug crawling on the bed. That was the last straw. We canceled the last day and are moving back to Courtyard.. I know this review is harsh and may seem like I was trying to find things wrong with the hotel, I assure you I am not. Positive notes... Good breakfast. Close to shopping.
I took pictures of all the things mentioned. Please feel free to contact me if you want them. I will try to post here.

Thomas W Stretz
Marriot Rewards # 092333988

Room Tip: Ask for room away from train tracks
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
camarillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We booked a 1 night stay at this great place to attend a soccer tournament.

The check in was fast and efficient, the staff is friendly, the lobby is cozy and the breakfast is great!

We had a 2 bedroom suite, really a condo, as it has everything you could possible need! Full size kitchen, living room and two bedrooms one on each side of the living room, so privacy is a +. The rooms are immaculate, you can tell they take pride in their hotel.

I will now be looking for a Residence Inn for all of my future travel! Really, you cannot beat the price and the convienience when travling with kids!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a private location, away from streets. We did and we received!
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks. I checked out and travelled to TX but somehow forgot to pick my i-pad from the room. I called the hotel and told them about it and it was sent to me by express mail in 2 days. I received a box and there few other things I left in the room besides the I-pad. Very friendly and professional ladies at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Bakersfield? Share your experiences!