“Medium price hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Seattle
“Medium price hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Found this motel thru Hotel.com and they gave me the rate and booked the room. After reading the reviews I was concerned over the reports on the manager, etc. Since rooms were hard to locate that weekend we took a chance and checked in. The manager was super nice and made sure we liked the rooms that he gave us. He did complain about the rate we got but we all laughed in the end. Room was clean and kinda what you would expect for a medium priced motel. Location was great foe easy on & off the freeway. We found a great Mexican restaurant right around the corner and a real nice cafe for breakfast right down the street. Room was suppose to come with breakfast but we left before it was served. We go to Bakersfield twice a year and would have no problem staying there again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

At Check in the manager told us a rate of 50 US Dollar.
After we gave the credit card, we should signature 68,50 including Tax.
We asked why we should pay now 10 Dollar more? He was very rude and said "We can not buy the Hotel for 50 Bucks"
We travel since over 30 years through the USA, but no one fraud us in that way.
We thought about leaving the Hotel, but he don't give us the money back.
In the room the refridgerator didn't work and he said "We can use the Ice-Machine"
He told us, that he has a very good breakfast, but it was more than poor: Some slices of Toast with a big cup of Spread and Jam for everyone.
The Bed was very hard and the room was dirty. It smelled outside very strong.
Stay away from this terrible Hotel with the very rude manager with no behaviour!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Family oreinted, safe an convient location, clean quite area very pleased!!!!. Very clean rooms excited services motel manager/owner along wit his family are very professional respectful an nice buisness owners out of the others I've stayed. Near the mall food shopping gas restaurants and freeway for travelng!! Very happy staying here in this quite safe motel community they make u feel like family! Home sweet sweet!

California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was reading the reveiws and was honestly tooken back by the negative ones.I have stayed at the California Best Inn numerious times as well as many other hotels in Bakersfield CA,this place of ALL is the only i would recommend for anyone!I have never came accross one problem staying here,I have always felt 100% comfortable,100% safe,and left 100% pleased.This place is family owned,and family oriented.How anybody came up with drugs and prostatution boggles my mind.I personally dont know how this place would come accross as such only thing i could think of is if you are involved in doing so,along with the owner having to kick you out i gaurenty there is a reason behind that as well.I would much rather stay in a place with management who is hands on and willing to ask other costumers to leave if needed its nice to have managemnt there to manage!oposed to managemnt that does nothing at all and could care less if your staying in a room next to a rowdy bunch.The rooms are very nice,clean and spacious.The beds are alwaaays clean rather big and real comfertable ,Bathrooms are nice and clean.The fridgerator and microwave both spotless clean!I love the pool area CLEAN POOL AND SPA a nice place for you and the family to enjoy exspecially summer time. All and all this place is the BEST STAY FOR THE PRICE.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the front are nicer,or on the side of the pool if you are staying a few days or...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

For the price this place is very very nice. The owner is a nice guy and takes pride in his place. Pool and spa were clean. Convienent location. Nice beds. I came for work and will definitely stay here again. Staff were all very nice and very professional. Did I mention great value? Not sure what else to say... Yes sir! You betcha!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the California Best Inn on several occasions during the past 18 months. I have always found my room to be clean and comfortable. My refrigerator and microwave have always been clean and in working order. I usually request a room closer to the front office somewhere around 103 to 108. I have never seen any nefarious activity during my stays.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

• Stayed July 2012

Been to California Best Inn? Share your experiences!