“Roaches! Needs remodeling falling apart.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #25 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
“Roaches! Needs remodeling falling apart.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010 via mobile

My husband and I booked jacuzzi suite here. This place is a joke, why put a jacuzzi tub in a living room if it is only a single person tub?Maybe 2 garden gnomes could enjoy a soak together.....Whole room was extremely worn. Wallpaper peeling, furniture and baseboards scuffed, everything could stand a good cleaning. If it wasn't already so late we arrived we probably would have gone elsewhere. Housekeeping is clearly not a priority change and other junk behind the dresser and fast food napkins left in microwave. Best part was finding dead roaches in the morning on the wet bar.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Frankfurt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

First, I checked out the Ramada Ltd. at Wible Road, cause it was $20 cheaper. Turned around the moment I stepped into the 'lobby'. It was just disgusting, so I decided to give Ramada Limited Suites a chance and I was not disappointed. It looked way better than the other one and the check in staff was very friendly. I got a great room for $56 which was very spacious and clean. The bed was ok, TV, fridge and telephone worked just fine. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Everything smelled like cigarettes. It looked like the room hadn't been stayed in or cleaned in months. The carpet creeped me out to where I didn't want to walk on it barefoot. The bed linens were very worn and had holes in them, and they were very dusty and stained. I slept horribly on the regular mattress, imagining that things were crawling on me. The bedspread had something like lipstick or something pink on it. The sleeper sofa was the worst for our poor daughter, as far as the worn and dusty bedding, and the springs poked into her back. We never could connect to the wireless internet and the customer service was absolutely no help.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Carlsbad, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I stayed here halfway heading to Yosemite. It was okay for one night stay. The room and sheets were clean, but the bathtub was black. It may have been clean, but it needed some bleach. The air conditioner blew the curtains which was annoying. The staff were super friendly and helpful finding a place for breakfast. If you just need a rest and a halfway stop, this is for you. Just bring your lysol for the bathtub or shower shoes.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

I stayed here in Feb. of 2006, and was pleasantly surprise. My husband and I had been driving all day (moving from Tx to WA) and were very tired. I didn't think it would be a good hotel from the area, but it was very quiet and we were on the first floor right by the front door. They were out of their cheapest rooms and gave us a nice room with a couch and microwave and big bed for about $60. They even put us on the first floor buy the front door, and that was such a relief! I really didn't want to walk too far, I was so tired. The breakfast wasn't special, but they had waffles, and my husband and I got full. The location was great since we were just passing through, but very quiet, slept well. It wasn't the newest hotel, but it was clean. It was one of the best experiences I have had at a hotel. I would go back.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
los angleles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Just returned from an overnight stay for a soccer tournament. We had trouble finding a hotel with enough rooms for our team. That this hotel had rooms left should have been a clue.
While the lobby is nicely remodeled, the rooms are a flashback to the 80's. Old is fine if it's well kept.
Unfortunately this hotel was not. The bathroom floor in our room was damaged with mildew from the leak surrounding the toilet. Cracked tile near the baseboard behind the toilet made me wonder what sort of critters might be lurking when the lights are out.
The windows were single pane, with a screen that was askew. The noise level from the freeway just on the other side of the parking lot was quite memorable. (The room had a fishy smell emitting from the fridge which necessitated the window to be open).
The pull out couch was problematic in that the head was actually lower than your feet!

Unfortunately, the above seemed to be the common assessment among the 13 rooms our team booked.

On the positive, the free breakfast was simple, but adequate. Coffee, OJ, pastries, bagels, cold cereal, and a help-yourself Belgian waffle maker.

If price is your only consideration in a hotel, this could be your bargain. We paid $79 for each room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
somewhere
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

ramada management DENIED the fact that i called to abbreviate my reservation by 4 days (i have phone records of this). additionally, instead of letting me stay day 4/4 out of my reservation, they made a brand new one, and charged me full price for the original reservation.

ASIDE from the above situation, rating the hotel alone, it is stuck in the 1960s. bedding is identical to what you'd find in a 39$ motel... nasty thin pilled blankets and etc. feels like a dirtier, more expensive Super 6

for around the same list price (99/night), Four Points Sheraton and Hotel Inn Conference is far far superior.

i wouldnt recommend this to my enemies

• Liked — free internet and its decent speed...but in Bakersfield all hotels have free internet
  • Disliked — NASTY OLD ROOMS. Poor Desk
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramada Limited Bakersfield North? Share your experiences!