“Don't stay her” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Bakersfield

You added Travelodge Bakersfield to your Saves list
Travelodge Bakersfield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Oak St, Bakersfield, CA 93304 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #40 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Phoenix, Arizona
“Don't stay her”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This is no place to take the kid. The rooms at ok but thin pillows and worse towels on This must be a meeting place for the local druggies and drinkers. The police responded to a altercation in the next room and a all night party in the room above really noisy place. I would have left and aske for a refund but was too tired. I will never stay here again. What a joke and would be comical except for the fact that the whole place is pretty frightening after dark. I'm sure the police show up here pretty often.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had 4 lobby interactions, and each time the person behind the desk was very rude and abrupt. The back parking lot is so dark and concealed that I was afraid to leave my car. The front parking lot spaces are so small my Jetta barely fit and I got a door ding. The rooms are so close to the 99 freeway that you hear each car. The walls are so thin you can understand your neighbors conversations. Do yourself a favor and drop $10 more per night and stay someplace safe and friendly. There are a dozen hotels in this area that aren't nearly as scary or rude.

• Stayed April 2013
travelodge010, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Bakersfield, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond with your comments. We do all we can to make sure our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay. We are sorry you did not have a pleasant stay. We have recently installed new brighter lights in our rear parking lot, making it much brighter in that area. Also, please know we will use your comments to make our service even better.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Travellodge Bakersfield costs about 40% of a 3.5 Star hotel in the city, and provides in my estimate about 80% of the value. In my book, that's a good deal. It's conveniently located for travelers going either East/West (Hwy 58) or North/South (Hwy 99). it's clean, has reasonably good accomodations, and free internet (where the 3.5 Star hotels i've stayed at charge for internet). The modest but adequate Continental breakfast saves $8-$12 compared to stopping for coffee and breakfast at a typical fast food place. Again, the 3.5 Star hotels don't offer free breakfast. I've dealt with 3 people at the desk. The two gentlemen I've dealt with at the desk are friendly, helpful, and accomodating. There are a number of good-to-reasonable restaurants and convenience stores that are walking distance from the hotel. I don't want to stay in all parts of Bakersfield, but the Travelodge is in a fairly good part of town. I stay there on a regular basis on my way to and from from Las Vegas to Monterey.

Room Tip: I think they're all about the same.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to respond with your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked on Hotels.com, took the family, only stayed one night...THANK GOODNESS! The pictures aren't up to date. I mentioned that to the manager and he stated that they are scheduling a new set of photo's soon. They say they provide Cribs, the Manager told me they don't have any, but will be ordering one. ONE!! My daughter took her shoes off and within 20 minutes her feet were black and I mean BLACK from the dirt on the carpet. I can't speak for all bathrooms but our shoes were sticking to the floor in ours so I went and got some cleaners and cleaned the floor and the tub before any showers were taken. The staff is nice and they are very quick to please. Yet they can only work with what they have. We also had a private deck that I would say hadn't been cleaned in at least a year!! I wish I had taken pictures of the chairs out there it was so disgusting.

Room Tip: Even though we booked with Hotels.com and trusted that the hotel would have a crib...call the Hotel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Bakersfield? Share your experiences!