“Miserable experience!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Bakersfield

You added Travelodge Bakersfield to your Saves list
Travelodge Bakersfield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Oak St, Bakersfield, CA 93304 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #41 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Richmond, Virginia
“Miserable experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed one night, woke up itching with bites all over my body. Went to take a shower and there was no water pressure. The water coming out of the shower head was literally dripping. I later found out they were bedbugs. I told the front desk immediately. I checked out. It is day seven since my stay there and I am finally starting to get over the bites. They are very noticeable, red, some blistered up and I have had to wear long sleeve shirts, long pants, etc...to cover up in 100 degree weather. Miserable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
travelodge010, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Bakersfield, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
The hotel is sprayed for insects on a regular basis. We do not have bedbugs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

You dont want to stay here. Rooms are a mess, I think there are sex stains on my chair, carpets are so stained that you are afraid to walk around in bare feet. Breakfast??? NO. "Continental breakfast" the host said. Last time I stayed here several years ago, there was a hot tub...a hot breakfast with ok food...now crap. Stay somewhere else not here. The owner puts more into his Mercedes parked out front then the rooms. Wyndham would and should pull this off their lists. Nasty and itch after staying here.

Room Tip: Just dont stay here, bad.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011 via mobile

It was a cheap Internet booking, the rooms were cheap and nasty and the tables at breakfast were a delight of icky sticky yuck. The owner has stopped all but the minimum of cereal and coffee.The front desk barely looked at you when you checked in. A truly horrible place.

• Stayed May 2011
Stow, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We got this room through Travelocity. I don't intend on using them again. When we went to the lobby to get the room it seemed like an OK hotel. But I had been driving for a long time and visited with family - so I can say I was tired and probably had a lapse in judgment because I just wanted to relax.

Immediately upon entering the room I was disgusted and started dry heaving.

The carpet was exactly as another reviewer in 2008 described "The room carpet was dark blue and, looking at in full daylight, had clearly hidden many, many sins over the decades. The darkness was more a function of deeply embedded dirt and stains rather than a purposeful attempt at color." Still blue, still nasty, three years later.

I was afraid to walk in there without shoes on. I stayed in room 125. The room stank, the halls stank, and nothing was good.

I called the desk not even 10 minutes into my stay and asked for a clean room. The receptionist said "all of our rooms are equally dirty." I repeated what she said to me to be sure I heard what she said and yes she said that.

I left the hotel, half in denial and half hoping that if I went away they'd make an attempt to clean it. But no. When I got back 3 hours later it was still scandalous.

I called Travelocity, since that's who we booked through. They called the manager Sanjay Saha. Mr. Saha was absolutely unreasonable and eventually hung up on Travelocity and me. Travelocity called them back to get his name and he gave it to them but that was all. He refused to fix the problem.

It was about 11 pm by then so we wound up staying overnight since I had no where else to go and it was memorial day weekend - all of the surrounding hotels were booked.

I didn't risk eating the free breakfast.

This experience was not only disappointing but slightly traumatic. I will not stay at another travelodge or use travelocity to get my hotels ever again.

Please stay away from this hotel. There is absolutely nothing they can do, short of demolition, that would make this hotel worth acknowledging let alone staying at.

I didn't even mention the high drug trafficking going on, the police search helicopters flying around and the Air Conditioning not working!!! Oh it was plugged in, but it did not work. If you've been to Bakersfield, you know how important air conditioner is.

I stayed there on May 27, 2011.

Room Tip: To get the best room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Modesto, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

This was by far the worst place I have ever been. Upon arriving, the main lobby smelled of urine, walking by the pool reminded me of a pond and once we got to our room I just about vomitted from the smell and disgust. There were water stains on the ceiling with black mold. Instead of purchasing new mattresses for the customer they simply tried to cover the urine stained mattress with a mattress pad. Because of this experience I will no longer stay at any Travel Lodge. No wonder they accept animals here. They try to justify how filthy the rooms are by allowing animals to stay.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra $ stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Duncan, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Do not stay here. Repeat do NOT stay here. It is a dirty, disguisting, outdated DUMP!! We arrived late in the evening. Upon inspection of the building we asked for a refund but were not granted one. Because we were so tired we decided to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt and stay the night. Big mistake! The mattresses were terrible - you know the kind where you roll right into the middle of the bed. There were shady characters everywhere. We packed up the kids and left at 2AM. We contacted the hotel the next day for a refund and got a the run around from the lady at the counter. How can you be an employee and not know who the manager is? Waste of money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

place was so dirty should be shutdown by health department. Apparently newly painted room (#104) was pretty much just as bad !

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Bakersfield? Share your experiences!