“bad from sentence number one-terrible room too” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Bakersfield Airport
5241 Olive Tree Court, Bakersfield, CA 93308   |
Ranked #40 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Gold River, California, United States
“bad from sentence number one-terrible room too”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Terrible service at front desk. Politely asked for a room for just me after a long day of driving. THREE different times she told me NO GUESTS!! Told me the third time I'd be kicked out with no refund if I had a guest. I actually had to tell her to stop telling me that and that I was offended. Somehow she had it in her mind I was going to have a guest and she was determined to stop me from skirting the extra 5 dollars that would cost. Ridiculous. I also asked for a AAA discount and she looked at me like I'm a fool and said "it's already $36.99 how much cheaper you want it to be?" Who says that to a customer???

Now onto the room! I understand a 1 star motel isn't going to be amazing, but this simply wasn't acceptable. Dirty disgusting carpets. More stain than normal carpet I'd say. Gym style shower...the bathroom basically just goes from vinyl to tile with a drain in the ground and that's the shower. No shampoo, no conditioner, NO CUPS!! They can't even give me a plastic cup for some water in the morning? Oh and there are no outlets by the bed so don't plan on charging your phone while using it. Worst motel 6 I've ever been to and I've stayed at quite a few.

p.s. I stayed on the back side of the motel and as I suspected...WIFI didn't work. Luckily I have a portable hotspot so I was OK but still. Huge sign out front says free wifi and half the place can't even connect. ridiculous

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Bakersfield Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I can assure that at our property we strive to provide our guests with the most comfortable stay possible. We are very sorry to hear the issues regarding your stay. We have addressed the issues with our staff members and are currently remodeling our property. All of the carpeting in the rooms is being removed and replaced with hard wood flooring. I would like to personally invite you back to our property in order to provide you with a much more accommodating stay than your most recent. Again, our sincerest apologies and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mount Tamborine, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We chose this Motel 6 because it was the closest to the Famoso Dragstrip.
Very friendly staff, clean room with a fridge and microwave, free WiFi and close to fast food chains and supermarket.
So what if the bed covers were a bit frayed and the carpet worn, if you can't put up with that spend more on a higher priced motel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here in March on our way to LA. In fact, we stayed here last year and it was good then so we stayed here again. And the young blonde woman who had just started at nights last year was now on days so it was nice to see someone who I remembered and she was very friendly which makes our trip nicer. The room that we had was nice and we had no problems at all during our stay. I wish that it had been a little later in the year so we could have used the pool but maybe next year. However, the best thing about this motel is the fantastic coffee that they have - I don't drink a lot of coffee regularly so when we travel I usually have a cup or two. The coffee at this place is so good that I look forward to coming here again and even wrote the name of the company (Farmer Brothers) so I could check it out online when we got home.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vagabondinnsouth, Manager at Motel 6 Bakersfield Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you next time your passing through. Thanks again!

Thousand Oaks, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I traveling thru Bakersfield, read the prior reviews and figured this was the better Motel 6 around Bako for a one night stay. Maybe it is, but still overall worst one we have stayed in for all time, many years. The bathroom fan was broken and it looks like for some time, not a big problem. Two bed room, non-smoking with the noisy A/C unit blows directly on one bed. Not their fault some prior guests smoke in the non-smoking rooms, but should spray them out. I learned from prior reviews, wear you socks and yes they turn black from the wood floors, not just truckers but the highway workers and others in construction stay there. The entire property smells of smoke, beer bottles and dog doo-doo. Now on the plus side, very low cost with senior discount. While the coffee dispenser is great, including the cup size, the coffee is lousy. We experienced some of the best Motel 6 mattresses here. So I guess, as they say; "You get what you pay for."

Room Tip: If wanting to get a room in the Oildale neighborhood of Bakersfield, you may want to check out the m...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our property. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration when doing our next renovations. At our property we strive to meet valued guests needs and make it the friendliest and cleanest environment possible. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future and that your stay will be more than satisfactory.

Sincerest,
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I agree with with Justin_DBC, one of the worst Motel 6's I've stayed at. Except my room had no carpet. The bathroom was rundown and the sink drain leaked out all over the floor. Yes the parking lot had shady characters hanging out. Yes the hot beverage machine in the lobby was a plus. And yes the fridge and microwave were a plus. And the ice machine actually worked, I've been to many places it didn't.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Motel 6 Bakersfield Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your Input. We are constantly working on our product to better serve our valued guests. We are under new ownership and we are in the middle of renovations, We are going to be changing out the sinks and remodel the bathrooms . The wood floor is part of the new motel 6 Phoenix room scheme. We have had plenty of good rsponse to that upgrade. Although we have never had theft issues we also have security on site. We are glad you took the time to review our hotel and we will take your information to make adjustments and better serve you in the future.
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

You get what you pay. This is a no-frills motel with everything you can need to rest. They offered free coffee which was a plus, free wi-fi and the room was clean, although a little old.
I used the washing machine /drying machine even though it closes during at night. The staff was correct.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your pictures and review we will use all your information and make the adjustments to better serve you and all future guests.
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Average Hotel, Very clean and friendly staff. After driving and being tired im glad I stayed here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Bakersfield Airport? Share your experiences!