“This was a good place to stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Bakersfield Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5241 Olive Tree Court, Bakersfield, CA 93308   |
Ranked #42 of 59 Hotels in Bakersfield
Kingman, Arizona
“This was a good place to stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Traveling with my brother. Arrived after dark and was greeted by a friendly staff member. Had not made reservations and rooms were available. Fast and easy. Facility appeared a little older and worn but the grounds were clean and well lit. Local area felt reasonably safe. Located close to restaurants. The room was very basic and what I expect of the standard Motel 6. It appeared worn but not unpleasant. Carpet was not completely clean but it was not unpleasant. Found an empty package for box cutters behind a cabinet and a blade with it. Did not utilize the internet. Bathroom area had new, modern fixtures, and it was clean. Basic amenities. The bed was worn but acceptable. The air conditioner appeared new and it thoroughly froze us out ;-)

Overall, this is only a very basic place to crash out for the night. I would stay there anytime. As for my own family traveling without me, I would not have them stay at this facility as it is too basic.

Cleanliness was lacking. As for that box cutter box and blade I could see how it would've been missed. Kids find that sort of thing and that is unacceptable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Bruno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Great AC, very clean rooms, and I couldn't find a better rate (and I looked.) All in all I found it a nice and comfortable motel. The ladies at the front desk were very helpfull with providing me directions aswell.

The wifi is only in certain rooms though, so you have to ask for wifi at check in, which I did not. A simple phone call though and the desk lady moved me to another room.

I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

This was my first time in CA, and I admit, I'm a bumpkin from the Midwest and proud of it. But the people around this place were crazy. The hotel was nice, they had just cleaned our room and it smelled great! The room was typical, small, outdoor corridors, but it was cheap and they allow dogs, (we had one). The pool is beautiful, it was nice weather for us, in the 60's and we loved the green grass and palm trees. The place was easy to find, the staff was a little spacey. The girl at the front desk couldn't get the amount of nights were were staying correct, and we had a resvervation for only ONE night! She was weird. My daughter paid for the WiFi and she got that wrong, too. The room was typical, small, but like I said it was very clean. We thought we'd have a pleasant night before hitting the road and then the neighbors checked in. OMG. There were FIVE adults, THREE kids and a dog next door in that tiny room! And it was party time. The only woman there had green hair, and three of the four "gentlemen" looked like Kid Rock wannbees. The fourth guy kept going outside and standing in front of OUR room to smoke and talk on the phone, which was okay until he started yelling at people on his phone. He also spent a lot of time sitting on the stairs right outside our room with Miss Greenhair drinking and smoking. Later a woman from the room on the other side of us came running out screaming she was going to call the sheriff and some guy ran down the stairs and headed to the office. That same woman then grabbed her overnight bag with belongings falling out and got into her car and took off. Another man dressed in what looked like a Security uniform then walked around the place completely missing the area where all the "activity" was going on! In the morning an extremely heavy young woman was outside our door yelling to her friend in another room while she stood there in a bra/bustier and jeans. Needless to say, we left CA first thing in the morning without shedding a tear. Goodbye CA.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

This was my least favorite place to stay on my entire trip. I could not get the air conditioner to work. The shower just was not up to par and even leaked. If you have another option, try it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Quintana Roo, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

The room was very clean and the motel looks either newly remodeled or kept up VERY well. Room for pets to pee and pool for the kids (outdoor). Ice machine at the office. Carpet was very clean but maybe the room condition might have been so good as we were on the 2nd floor. Took a wet towel and stepped on it on the carpet - no dirt. Which was good, as we had 4 kids in the room with us. :) Very happy with our stay here. We've driven from the Caribbean to California and are on our way to Wisconsin, then back to Mexico. This is one of the cleanest motels we've been in - especially for the price. Single was $39 and our double (2 adults, 2 beds) was $40 including tax.

Only problem was the wifi - we paid for a card but it can only be used by ONE computer. Even if you log off the connection, no other computer can use that code. Really sucks with 2 teenagers and 2 adults. I had asked the front staff about that before paying for Wifi but she didn't know if more than one computer could access at the same time. Now we know. Not too many channels on the TV either (well the little ones wanted Animal Planet).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

It's what you would expect. Cheap, fairly clean, minimal broken stuff in the room, and decent service. We just stopped for the night on our way through town and it worked fine for that.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

Lots of competition in this clump of hotels = a great rate - $32 for this stay. My expectations were adjusted for a Motel 6 and this place was a nice one. Room was basic but quiet and comfortable. Grocery store and restaraunts nearby and within walking distance. There was a pool and deck area in the center of the property. All was very acceptable and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo