“Clean hotel with a friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast + WiFi
Ranked #20 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Bakersfield, California
“Clean hotel with a friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip for two nights. The staff was very friendly from check in to housekeeping, to asking the front desk to mail something for me. The rooms were typical for a Marriott. Noting spectacular, but clean. Having a balcony to walk out on was a nice touch. Computer stations to print boarding passes for free was appreciated. The fitness room was mediocre. Free weights, two treadmills, and elliptical machine. There is a coffee machine and mini fridge in each room. The hotel is close to the airport and some nice restaurants in NW Bakersfield, which is convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Bakersfield. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and you were able to utilize some of the facilities.

Regard,

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night and found that the front desk staff and the breakfast staff were very rude!

I have been a Marriott rewards member since about 1994 and I have generally been very happy with their properties and the service provided.

I have been a platinum member, gold member, and I am currently a silver member and I would not stay here!

There are plenty of other options, so there is no need to tolerate being treated rudely.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello ScenicWeddings- Thank you for taking the time to comment about your latest stay at the hotel. I would like to discuss further any details you may have of the situation, so that I may conduct training with any individual that did not meet the Marriott standards. Please feel free to contact me at Jenny.gatlin@marriott.com.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was a nice property but outside the hotel stunk like a garbage dump and the service personnel stunk even worse. My wife and I stayed here for on night and thought everything was good until the morning when we went to have the breakfast we paid for. We paid for 4 meals and only used 2 of them and when my wife asked for orange juice the server rudely said she could only have a child's apple juice. Not happy with the treatment from this server we went on with this breakfast. Then upon checking our banking we say we had been severely over charge on our card so we went to the front desk who were even more rude and inquired about this and they said ever hotel charges extras for incidentals. Well that is a lie being a business traveler that uses hotels over 50 nights a year. I do not see extra charge unless I was notified prior to the charge. Just very poor customer service and never lie it will not be good in the end.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Mr. Tomsik-

Thank you for taking the time to express how your recent stay went at the Courtyard. I apologize if there was any confusion on the authorization that was placed on your debit card. All major hotels including Marriott and Hiltons authorize for room and tax plus an additional small amount for any incidental charges you may charge to your room. Upon checking out if those funds are not used, they are returned to your account. We must do this in order for guests to be able to charge anything to their room. There was never a lie or false statement said, and I apologize if you feel you were treated in a less than professional manner. Please feel free to contact me at 661-324-6660 if you have any further questions or concerns.

Bend, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here after a long 12 hour drive. We just wanted something with a hot tub and close to freeway. Bed was comfortable and hot tub was really really nice. We had dinner at the hotels "Bistro". Very spendy for the food quality I thought. The front desk employee seemed rude. Not a bad place, but probably would stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Happy Holidays Kevin G. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please email me at jenny.gatlin@marriott.com with your name so I may look into who checked you into the hotel. Service is very important to us and would like to follow up with the associate.

Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

After driving all day from Phoenix it was so nice to get to the Courtyard and have a really comfortable bed with nice pillows to sleep on. My husband really enjoyed using the hot tub to unwind and relax after the long day. The property is very well maintained and it was good value for the money.

We were concerned when we parked our car, however, as they have signs up everywhere warning you that you are leaving your vehicle unattended is at your risk and they accept no responsibility for any damage to your vehicle or loss of possessions. I don't know whether they have a lot of thefts in this area but it really is disconcerting.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you vbrother for your kind words regarding your stay here in Bakersfield.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very nice courtyard with bistro serving a variety of casual food. Nice seating area to enjoy it while watching tv. Clean and well appointed rooms. Excellent value. We will return when passing through again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Bakersfield Courtyard and hope you return during your next trip to the area.

Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We arrived around 9pm on Thursday night for check in, minimal rooms available, we got a "king handicapped room" the shower was a walk in shower, was very clean, the room was cramped due to the king size bed. I described it to my husband that it felt like stuffing Shaquill O'Neil's shoes into an average sized shoe box, he laughed, other than that it was nice. I'd stay here again, the coffee was bitter.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you Suzi B for your most recent comments regarding the hotel. Unfortunately, the layout of the accessible rooms are a bit different than our standard rooms, but I'm glad you got a good nights sleep. The bathroom in those rooms are larger and do have a walk in shower. Please note that Starbucks is available 15 hours per day in the lobby if you would like a different tasting coffee.

Jenny Gatlin

Been to Courtyard Bakersfield? Share your experiences!