“Very Nice Clean and Comfortable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast + WiFi
Ranked #19 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Nice Clean and Comfortable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel resides among a group of hotels and I believe it was the better choice among them. The decor is very inviting and the rooms are clean, (mildew free) and comfortable. The bistro does a fabulous breakfast and the staff is very courteous. My business travel to this location was very nice and I will be returning to this location for my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Eastern side are better in the mornings.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you SharonJ374 for your kind words, and I'm glad you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We opening our Bistro last year in May, and rooms were completed this May. We look forward to taking care of you on your next visit to the area.

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms with very comfy beds and nice TVs have persuaded me to be a repeat guest. So far my favorite business-class hotel chain. Staff are generally friendly and efficient with the occasional exception. The Newly decorated lobby is very nice but the Bistro is overpriced in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2013
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you Richyroogy for choosing the Courtyard Bakersfield. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and lobby. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Bakersfield.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This a hotel with no pretences. The service is excellent, the breakfast resto has a nice selection, including healthy items.

The lobby of the hotel is very nice with a well stocked mini-mart.
The rooms are nice and well attended to. My only gripe is that internet service is not included for free.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are excited to have our renovation complete and the hotel sparkling for our guests. As a clarification, there is complimentary HSIA here at the hotel, but an option for upgraded service for a small fee. I apologize if you misunderstood, but glad to know everything else made your stay pleasant.

Best Regards,
Long Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Wife and I wrapped up a week long trip here after picking up our college freshman son in Merced on way down, so we could attend a Darius Rucker concert playing here at the Fox theater. This property is in the middle of a renovation, so be advised there is construction going on in some of the areas. Our room was newly renovated and quite nice for the 3 of us....a courtyard balcony overlooked the pool and courtyard. There were some access issues due to the work going on, and some of the hallways were blocked off to thru traffic, so we'd have to find ways around to get where we needed to go. They have an indoor hot tub, which we enjoyed the morning before we left. The lobby is all newly done, as is the patio area, with nice furniture to sit and enjoy a drink with friends. There is a bistro where you can purchase food/breakfast. They do offer great coffee in the lobby at no charge. We got a great nights sleep here, and would return as the need arises. We do love all Marriott products at all levels they offer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BFLCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Bakersfield, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you Kenneth Q for your recent stay at the Bakersfield Courtyard. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to Bakersfield, and were able to experience one of our new rooms.

Puyallup, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed there as a platinum member of Marriott rewards. Could tell at check-in they had not reviewed our preferences. Tried to put us in ground floor when account asks for top floor. No extra towels or paper. The other issue was the noise. Adjoining room door caused noise from the room next door and the people were not talking that loud.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room that does not have an adjoining inside door.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Michael B for your most recent stay at the Bakersfield Courtyard. I apologize for a not so perfect stay and thank you for your honest feedback. I will be looking into the items listed for future training with staff members.

General Manager.
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

First,let me say that we enjoyed our stay at this Courtyard. It's close and convenient to our activities and the property was neat, clean and well-kept. We stayed two nights, and despite some rude neighbors, had a very pleasant stay. We had a first floor room, off the main courtyard, with very comfortable beds and plenty of room. Our one complaint was that the towels were unusually rough and somewhat uncomfortable to use.

However, we did have one other issue. When I booked the room on the Marriott website, it indicated that breakfast was included. When we checked in on Friday afternoon, we confirmed this again with the front desk clerk, who said that she had checked our reservation and that it was indeed included. We did not have an opportunity to eat breakfast on Saturday morning, opting instead to join friends, but did visit the Bistro on Sunday morning. After ordering and giving our room number, we were advised that breakfast was not included with our room.

We asked to speak to the manager, and the lady on duty, who's name unfortunately I can't recall, came over, listened to our problem, and after checking our reservation again advised that unfortunately breakfast was not included. Where she really stepped up, and one reason why this review is so positive, is she accepted that the clerk on Friday made an error and, in order to make it right, gave us the complimentary breakfasts we had expected. Throughout, she was thoughtful, professional, and extremely customer oriented. She fixed a problem and kept two very satisfied customers as a result. It annoys me that I can't find her business card because I really like to recognize people for their standout service, and she certainly deserves it!

Room Tip: rooms on the courtyard side seem to be much quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Jerry P for your most recent post regarding the Bakersfield Courtyard. The manager's name was Terri, and she does an amazing job for us here at the property. Thank you for your feedback and your praises of Terri.

General Manager.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love the lobby. I do like the hotel location as it is just near the expressway and other places to eat.

But unfortunately, I will not come back nor recommend to any of my colleagues at work to stay here. The receipt that I need for the food I ordered was not provided for my trip expense. Too bad. It's to painful to explain to my Manager how I didn't have it.

For just a night I could recommend, but for more than that, good luck.

Wish i could have met their manager and my 4days would have been better and I would have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you thesymmetrix for updating us on your most recent stay at the Bakersfield Courtyard. I am sorry to hear that you were not given a receipt you could use, but if you will contact Terri at the property, 661-324-6660, I'm she can arrange to get you a receipt. Thanks for your help.

Jenny Gatlin

Been to Courtyard Bakersfield? Share your experiences!