“Buying Team” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 Buck Owens Blvd, Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly W Garden Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Porterville, California
“Buying Team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed 7 days and it was a great experience. We used their meeting room and worked 12 hour days. Management and staff were great, always making sure we had everything we needed. Loved the hotel room, it was so comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Melissa G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank You for taking the time our of your busy day to leave such a generous review about our property. We enjoyed having you as well and we look forward to seeing you ladies again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Porterville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The staff was more than gracious, professional, and courteous. Exceptional rooms, clean, spacious, and a homelike feeling. I was with a group that was working in their conference room and it was more than acceptable. The staff and manager was always available to meet any of our needs. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying 1 night or many nights.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank You for staying with us! We enjoyed having you all here as well, we look forward to seeing you ladies again soon! We appreciate all of your kind words.
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

When I entered the hotel I was immediately greeted by the staff. I was alone and feeling rather self conscience but the staff was warm and friendly. I guess they could tell I was a bit uncomfortable about being alone because later that evening they called my room and invited me down to watch the playoffs with other guest. I had a fun time. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff warm and friendly. Breakfast was good with a nice selection. This will definitely be my hotel of choice when I visit Bakersfield. Good location also. Conveniently located off the 99.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
We are pleased to hear that you felt our hotel was a home away from home experience. We strive each day to make each guest experience a memorable one, thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed the night last week on our way to Yosemite. Coming in off the road, we were greeted by friendly staff who made us feel right at home. The room was clean, large, and comfortable. Not the Plaza Hotel, but a nice place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your kind words as we look to forward to seeing you again on your next route through Bakersfield.
Baton Rouge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in recent history. Holiday Inn should dump this property. If they knew how bad it is they would remove their name from the front of the hotel. When we checked in they had a bunch of construction workers hanging out in the lobby. I guess they were hitting on the girl who worked there. The room was pretty gross. It had a bathtub next to the bed with 15 foot ceilings. Two lamps in the room, which was dark. The carpet was one you would not walk on with you bare feet. The bathroom was something to see. The plaster over the tub had a hole in the ceiling where the upstairs tub had leaked downstairs.
Let us talk about the worst breakfast, they had burritos, which were stuck to the pan they were in and the outside was as hard as a brick. Must have been on the buffet for days. Besides my wife and myself eating were another couple who were complaining about the quality of the old food on the buffet. The only thing we could eat was the pancakes, only because there was a machine spitting them out, The breakfast was the worst ever. Again, this place is a DUMP. Find another hotel if you stay in Bakersfield. The lobby looked like something from the 70's.

Room Tip: My tip is DON'T stay at this flea-bag!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Melissa G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hello Bayouself,
I do apologize that your stay was not as you would have liked. We have made some changes to our staff protocol and that has been addressed. However, when you are back through Bakersfield please consider our hotel as I would assure your stay will be different. If need be you may call me directly at 661.395.9800.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I selected this hotel by default, due to Hilton's dishonesty about their "best rate guarantee" I found a better rate on the Travelocity website for the Bakersfield Hilton Garden Inn. When Hilton refused to beat it (as their corporate reservations policy states), I cancelled it and came here! I am so glad I made the change! Not only is this hotel cheaper, but breakfast is included and the rooms are equal if not superior to theirs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed here 1 night on our recent California vacation. We were coming from Carmel on our way to Death Valley. The hotel was a perfect halfway point for us. This is exactly the kind of hotel that you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were clean and the staff were very helpful. Unfortunately we did not have the time to do much exploring in the area and used this property mainly as a layover to our next destination.

The hotel has all of the features of a Holiday Inn Express such as a Business center, WIFI except that the fitness room was under renovations but they did offer alternatives.

If in the area again, we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central? Share your experiences!