“Best shower EVER!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 Buck Owens Blvd, Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly W Garden Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #6 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Texas
“Best shower EVER!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Driving back from Yosemite to Ventura County, husband and I had three tired children in the car. As we approached Bakersfield (10:30 pm) decided we needed to give up on moving forward and find a hotel. Pulled over at the first off-ramp and found ourselves in a seedy neighborhood with questionable quality hotels. Decided we'd plug in our favorite - Holiday Inn Express - and find one.

Bingo!

Arrived to find a beautiful lobby - flanked by staircases worthy of an antebellum mansion. I was so tired I darn near crawled to the front desk where the man obviously noticed my exhaustion. Told him I needed non-smoking with two beds because we had three children.

"I will make sure you have a nice large room" he said with sympathy.

We dragged ourselves to the room, and found it to be expansive! Two incredibly comfortable queen size beds, a large soft and comfy loveseat, a kitchenette. With the kids tucked in, hubby goes to shower and exclaims with joy!

The shower was a full size vertical massaging shower with rotatable jets along its entire surface. You can control the water temperature as the gauge shows temps, but it has a safety feature so that children don't scald themselves. Hubby was in there so long I thought he had drowned. But when it was my turn, I understood the reason for the lengthy session.

It was, by far, the best shower I EVER EVER had! I contemplated sleeping in the shower - standing up.

Of course, like all HIE, this property served free hot breakfast. It was just enough for us to fuel our bodies for the next leg of the car trip (where we were subject to hours of "he's touching me! SHE's touching me!"

The shower was therapy. The staff - so incredibly understanding!

If you need a nice, clean and safe place to stay at a reasonable price, with a friendly and very sympathetic staff . . . Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Bakersfield Central is THE PLACE!

The ONLY reason I didn't rate the value at 5, is because I usually pay government rates and am a little spoiled by this. I didn't rate room service because we were not there long enough to experience it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with large rooms, complete with ceiling fans. One of the best night's sleep I've had. Kal, the General Manager, was welcoming and most helpful. My husband's wheelchair needed fixing and he provided wrenches and someone to help fix it. Not only that, he found the phone number for the wheelchair company. Above and beyond.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We pulled in and the property was very clean.
The staircases are beautiful. Room was spacious, central air and two fans on the ceiling. Coolness!
Bathroom shower apparatus? Yeah, you'll see it. LOL
Pool was clean.
Overall a great stay. Will stay again.
Janet was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

After a long drive, stayed one night, very quiet, clean and modern! Close to 99 freeway, but not close enough to disrupt your sleep, lots of restaurants in the area. Will definitely stay here again.
No worth paying $10.0 less and staying in a dump

Room Tip: New building, heavy doors, quiet air conditioner. No noise transfer from other rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The service was phenomenal! All the staff greeted me and made me feel like I was their only guest. The rooms (I stayed twice at this hotel) were comfortable, cozy and inviting. The fans were a great addition! This was a business trip, yet it also felt like a pleasure trip. The only thing missing was guest laundry (it's not set up yet). However, the manager understood my dilemma in needing to wash my uniforms and arranged to have them washed for me! YAY! Thank you for an extremely enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room not on the highway side. If you are on the highway side, the ceiling fans on low...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

If you have business in this part of Bakersfield, this is the place to stay. Within the H.i.E. Brand, this ranks as one of the nicer properties. There is street noise from the highway (99) and Buck Owens. drive, but that is minor and mitigated by the pleasantness of the hotel. Walk to the Crystal Palace, the Heart Hospital, Zingo's, Valley Cycle and Motorsports, and more. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

One of the nicest Holiday Inn Expresses I have ever stayed at. I checked in after a following my moving truck from Las Vegas to Santa Rosa. Told the Hotel Staff I has a 26ft truck, and he arranged a parking spot and gave us a room with a view of the parking spot. The Standard room was a well appointed mini suite. The comfort and warmth of the room decor was inviting. The lobby was appointed with crystal chandeliers, marble flooring and grand staircase. The elevator was a little slow, but have found that the case with most of this class of hotel. The free breakfast was a little better than average. The rooms were well insulated for sound.

Room Tip: Stay on the front side, as the back side faces Hwy 99
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central? Share your experiences!