“One night stay, reasonable price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 Buck Owens Blvd, Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly W Garden Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #6 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
vancouver
“One night stay, reasonable price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

After a long drive, stayed one night, very quiet, clean and modern! Close to 99 freeway, but not close enough to disrupt your sleep, lots of restaurants in the area. Will definitely stay here again.
No worth paying $10.0 less and staying in a dump

Room Tip: New building, heavy doors, quiet air conditioner. No noise transfer from other rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The service was phenomenal! All the staff greeted me and made me feel like I was their only guest. The rooms (I stayed twice at this hotel) were comfortable, cozy and inviting. The fans were a great addition! This was a business trip, yet it also felt like a pleasure trip. The only thing missing was guest laundry (it's not set up yet). However, the manager understood my dilemma in needing to wash my uniforms and arranged to have them washed for me! YAY! Thank you for an extremely enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room not on the highway side. If you are on the highway side, the ceiling fans on low...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

If you have business in this part of Bakersfield, this is the place to stay. Within the H.i.E. Brand, this ranks as one of the nicer properties. There is street noise from the highway (99) and Buck Owens. drive, but that is minor and mitigated by the pleasantness of the hotel. Walk to the Crystal Palace, the Heart Hospital, Zingo's, Valley Cycle and Motorsports, and more. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

One of the nicest Holiday Inn Expresses I have ever stayed at. I checked in after a following my moving truck from Las Vegas to Santa Rosa. Told the Hotel Staff I has a 26ft truck, and he arranged a parking spot and gave us a room with a view of the parking spot. The Standard room was a well appointed mini suite. The comfort and warmth of the room decor was inviting. The lobby was appointed with crystal chandeliers, marble flooring and grand staircase. The elevator was a little slow, but have found that the case with most of this class of hotel. The free breakfast was a little better than average. The rooms were well insulated for sound.

Room Tip: Stay on the front side, as the back side faces Hwy 99
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel with polite staff and a clean look its ideal. If you want undisturbed sleep try else where. It's very noisy on the highway side. Not too much sleep was had by me or the 9 other guests travelling with me. Those who had a room on the "quiet" side had a marginally better nights sleep. Kal is very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Paul F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

While on a last minute business trip with no hotel reservations, my two co-workers and I found most Bakersfield hotels completely booked due to some large sporting events going on in the city. We had a difficult time finding a hotel with 3 vacancies. After making many phone calls to various hotels, we hit on the Holiday Inn Express on Buck Owens Blvd. Kal, the General Manager, was manning the front desk at the time and answered the phone. He didn't have any regular rooms available but after hearing our dilemma, he kindly offered 3 upgraded rooms at a price that was just a little more then our company's per diem prices. When we arrived, Kal and his staff were very friendly and welcoming and we were checked in very quickly, The hotel seemed full of guests so we were even more grateful that Kal accommodated us so graciously, and the rooms turned out to be totally worth paying a bit more than our per diem allowed. The beds were a bit hard.... but in my case, the jacuzzi in the room MORE than made up that! :)

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was perfect; waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, and more! - a great way to start our workday off right.

I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Bakersfield! Thank you again to Kal, Harvey, and the rest of the staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stay at Holiday Inn properties all the time as its my hotel brand of choice and typically clean, quiet and consistent. Originally wanted to check into the HI across the road on Marriott drive, but they were out of double queen rooms due to a tournament group in town. Instead, we turned around and went to this Buck Owens drive location.

Not on a very nice street and parking wasn't as ample as most HI properties....walk into lobby and notice a cheesy looking spiral staircase flanking the lobby, looks a bit much for this place. Two men standing at check in desk with glazed looks on their face...not very amiable expressions, but we got a room anyway and headed upstairs for the nite.

The room was quiet as promised, though stepping into the hallway, sounds reverberated in all directions and the sound of the freeway was quite loud and coming from the opposite side of the hotel. I can see why so many guests complain about being placed on the highway side of this hotel. The bathroom floor was appalling with hair collected into the wall corners and tub. The variable shower settings and jet sprays were highly underwhelming. I'm not usually one for body jet showers, but opted to give them a try this time. What ensued was water spraying out in all directions from the base of the jet. Had there been no shower curtain in place, a puddle would have resulted on the floor.

Beds were comfortable and pillows were fine. Breakfast in the dining room was good as always...but this hotel is not one I'd stay at again. It is not as updated or "clean" feeling as other Holiday Inn properties, to me at least. I suggest you check out the Marriott drive Holiday Inn around the corner, behind the Black Angus.

Room Tip: Ask for something away from the freeway side. Facing Buck Owens drive is fine. Our room was on the f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear sydra,

I appreciate that you took the time to review our property. It is good to know that you found our bedroom accommodations to be comfortable enough for your stay. However, I apologize that the parking condition was not at par with your expectation and the noise levels inconvenienced you. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central? Share your experiences!