“When I return to Bakersfield, this will be my easy choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 Buck Owens Blvd, Bakersfield, CA 93308 (Formerly W Garden Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
California
“When I return to Bakersfield, this will be my easy choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was here on business while working at the Bakersfield Fall Home Show. I stayed here for 4 nights. This hotel was WONDERFUL! Beautiful in every way. I was so spoiled coming back to my room after a very long and tiring day. The room decor was beautiful and very comfortable. I WAS on the freeway side, but with the window closed, it did not disturb my sleep. The breakfast was great. All the personnel I dealt with were also great. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Busy highway in the back and a busy main thoroughfare in the front. It's a shame because the staff was friendly and accommodating and the facilities were clean and freshly remodeled. Overall, nice but noisy.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Who would have thought that the benchmark for hotel excellence would be found in Bakersfield, CA? We actually plan our drive between our homes in California and Nevada so that we can stay at this hotel. Everything at this hotel from the decor to the service to the room accommodations is a 10+. Experience this hotel and I'm confident you will be telling your friends about this hotel that defines excellence.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for about 3 years and the service has been consistently on target. Kal and his staff are customer service oriented and ensure the rooms and entire facilities are maintained clean.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I travel to Bakersfield on business 2 or 3 times per year, and this is where I stay. The staff is friendly, professional, and customer service oriented. Yes, it's near the freeway and can be noisy, but I turn on my little white noise machine and voila! You can't beat the price for what you get - a clean, comfortable room and a nice breakfast in the morning. I highly recommend this property for the business traveller.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the building, away from the freeway.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

I work in pharmacutical sales so I travel A LOT for work. In all my years of traveling across the states NEVER have I did a review on a hotel that I've stayed at but today is an exception.

I arrived at this hotel, lost and with no intentions of staying there. The area was a bit concerning since it is industrial. As I unloaded my luggage I was surprised when a staff member met me half way in the parking lot and asked to carry my rollabout. She was arrriving to work and I was too tired to say no. She brought me to the front of the hotel, introduced me to the front office person and they helped me check in. She introduced herself as Ms. Garcia, I think she said sales department or marketing but it felt like she was the concierge by the way she was treating me.
Anyhow, each day if I saw her, she asked about my stay, if I needed directions or if I needed help in any other way just let her know.

Because of this service, I changed my impressions of the entire experience. I left there wanting to go back and stay a few more days. It helps that she is extremely beautiful lol but her personality and excellent service is what shined.

Who knows if an let anyone reads these reviews but if you need a reasonably priced hotel with great customer service, it would be worth trying this place. If you do, I hope you get the same service, I do. If you find this young lady,let her know that I referred you! Tell her its the guy who got lost looking for the hotel with 5 star amenities but instead found the hotel with 5star customer service! Good work!

• Stayed January 2012
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hotel really is a winner! This hotel has:

An absolutely friendly, professional and helpful staff (anybody who travels will appreciate being greeted like a friend and a check-in time that is typically under 30 seconds...seriously me and my husband time it every time we stay there as a little inside joke between us)

Really spacious rooms that are clean...clean...clean
The beds are comfortable!
The rooms are quiet even though they are right off the freeway

Other stuff we REALLY love about this hotel:

Husband loves the fact that they keep the cinnamon rolls covered during breakfast ensuring that they do not get dried out and hard for those of us who arrive a little later

I LOVE the lobby. You sooo don't expect to see that staircase!

I love that the entire hotel feels very clean

Milton and Lisa

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Central? Share your experiences!