“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 57 hotels in Bakersfield
Buenos Aires
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed 3 nights for business and I like it, the suites are confortable with a small refrigerator and a microwave, but they don't have utensils for eating. The hotel doesn't have a restaurand, just a market store with some options.

The gym is very small, just some cardio machines and weight. Breakfast was good with a lot of options.

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Walnut Creek, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just spent a week at Springhill Suites in Bakersfield, a hotel I have stayed at in the past. This time as soon as I walked in, I noticed that the carpeting in the breakfast room/lobby area was very soiled. Then when I walked into my room, I noticed that there was makeup on the back of the desk chair (chair had bright lime green upholstery). I cleaned it off myself since I didn't want housekeeping poking around in my room while I went to dinner. I agree with others who complained about the Motion Sensor AC controls. It was almost impossible to get it comfortable and not have cold air blowing on you while sleeping, My biggest gripe is the quality of the towels in the room, in fact this same kind of towel is used in Courtyards. They are extremely thin, almost threadbare, not something that you would expect in a Mid Price Range hotel, I just spent a week at a Town Place Suites in Campbell and their towels were thick and fluffy. Breakfast is barely adequate with no variation one day to the next!! Staff at hotel seem to be professional- a bright spot in an otherwise substandard hotel stay. Next time in Bakersfield I will stay at Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn- neighboring hotels of Spring Hill,

Room Tip: All rooms basically the same, but try for top floor.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel is mostly comfortable. Don't like that the AC/Heater is hooked up to a motion sensor. Saving energy is noble, but not at the expense of customer comfort. Woke up all night to get the unit going again. Very inconvenient. Summers in Bakersfield can be in excess of 100 degrees.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you get hot.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed at this location two nights and enjoyed my stay. The room was a little smaller than I was expecting. All of the furniture was there, making it a little cramped. Hot tub was very nice and the service at the front desk was very helpful. The price seemed a little high for the size of the room, but no other complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice now in the last three years. The first time was good, just for a one night stay to see my sister while she was driving back to Texas from Yosemite. I remember liking the indoor pool, because the outside was just too hot (it was late summer, and it's HOT in Bakersfield.)

The recent trip I took was with my husband and toddler for two nights. We went in May, so it was warm, but not too warm. We really liked the room - it's clean, has two separate rooms (so spacious for the three of us), it has a small sink near the refrigerator, and there wasn't a lot of noise (despite the first night the place being packed with a noisy group.) I went down for the free hot breakfast - the first day was Ok - it was so crowded because the hotel was packed - but the second day (when it wasn't so backed) was better. But it's nice that there is a 'free' breakfast included in our rate, which was about $109/night.

We also enjoyed the indoor pool on the second night. It was nice - although the outdoor spa was nice as well because it was in the 80s outdoors.

The location is a little bizarre - packed near a bunch of other hotels, and we walked to a restaurant nearby (Benji's) but I wouldn't recommend doing that since that area is a little sketchy and industrial. We really didn't spend a lot of time in Bakersfield itself (our trip was to explore the Southern Sierras) but we did enjoy our nights here. I would recommend this place if you were to explore the Southern Sierras and the Lake Isabella area.

Room Tip: They seem to be all nice - maybe away from the elevators and the ice machine?
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our group was there for a wedding near Bakersfield.The living room is blocked by the bedroom by a half wall so it is not completely private- but it was spacious. The microwave and small frig. were nice to have. The bed was comfortable. The TV swivels between the bedroom and living room so you have to be in one room or the other to watch (note:If kids are on the sleeper couch and you are in the bedroom area you both can not watch t.v. clearly.
The toilet/ bath room were separate and large- with the sink in the entry.
The internet was free and worked well.
The breakfast was a step up from continental breakfast with bagels, egg sandwich makings and a waffle maker, along with the usual cereal and yogurt.
The dining area was small and there was a big group of families with tons of kids for a BMX bike race so it was harder to find a table.You can take your tray up to the room and eat in peace if the dining room is too crowded.
The pool and Jacuzzi were small and crowded with families and lots of kids.
Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel was just Hwy 99 on a road with quite a few other similar type hotels.
Bottom line: This is a great choice for a good, clean place to stay with easy highway access and convenient to restaurants ,etc. It is very popular with families because of the extra space.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night while traveling between northern and southern California. The room was spacious, clean and well maintained. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was good. I liked that the shower/toilet was separate from the sink so it made getting ready in the morning easy. The breakfast was your standard hotel breakfast but it was good. We will stay here again if we're in the area.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to SpringHill Suites Bakersfield? Share your experiences!