I've stayed at this hotel twice now in the last three years. The first time was good, just for a one night stay to see my sister while she was driving back to Texas from Yosemite. I remember liking the indoor pool, because the outside was just too hot (it was late summer, and it's HOT in Bakersfield.)
The recent trip I took was with my husband and toddler for two nights. We went in May, so it was warm, but not too warm. We really liked the room - it's clean, has two separate rooms (so spacious for the three of us), it has a small sink near the refrigerator, and there wasn't a lot of noise (despite the first night the place being packed with a noisy group.) I went down for the free hot breakfast - the first day was Ok - it was so crowded because the hotel was packed - but the second day (when it wasn't so backed) was better. But it's nice that there is a 'free' breakfast included in our rate, which was about $109/night.
We also enjoyed the indoor pool on the second night. It was nice - although the outdoor spa was nice as well because it was in the 80s outdoors.
The location is a little bizarre - packed near a bunch of other hotels, and we walked to a restaurant nearby (Benji's) but I wouldn't recommend doing that since that area is a little sketchy and industrial. We really didn't spend a lot of time in Bakersfield itself (our trip was to explore the Southern Sierras) but we did enjoy our nights here. I would recommend this place if you were to explore the Southern Sierras and the Lake Isabella area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A refreshing break from the ordinary, our smartly designed suites cleverly contain well-defined spaces for recharging, connecting or enhancing personal productivity. A large desk, comfortable seating and pullout sofa offer flexibility for business travelers. Luxurious bedding, free Wi-Fi, and a pantry with mini-fridge, coffee maker and microwave make our suites feel like home. Each morning, visit our free Suite Seasons hot and healthy breakfast buffet, with grab-'n-go bags to keep you well-fed and on-schedule. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Low Cost Holidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your SpringHill Suites Bakersfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Bakersfield Hotel Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Springhill Suites