“Pet Friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Bakersfield
Seattle, WA
“Pet Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I was moving down to California from Seattle and this was the last stop before I got to LA. I drove down w/ my 2 dogs and my cousin, we needed a place that would allow pets. La Quinta allows pets with no fees and their rates were very reasonable, even booked the same day.

The room was clean and we got a some continental breakfast in the morning. We stayed at another La Quinta in Northern California on the way down, but this one was slightly nicer and better lit. The other one was really noisy in the morning and my dogs kept barking at the crazy people running down the hall yelling. But I guess it's not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at La Quinta Inn during our stopover in Monterey last Spring 2010 and we happened to enjoy the experience and so I particularly looked for the same hotel during our stopover at Bakersfield on our way to Trail of 100 Giants. The whole family enjoyed the stay although its just one night. We all love their indoor pool though it would be much better if it was heated. The lobby was nicely decorated, the staff were helpful and the free breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gilroy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We were planning on staying at the Hampton Inn next door but when we arrived there, no non-smoking rooms were available. We decided to stay here instead. Great decision. A clean quiet room and a very helpful and friendly staff that was significantly cheaper.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Pros: Security, breakfast, staff, cleanliness, free internet with print capability, pool and parking near your window on ground floor, pet friendly, no freeway noise.

Cons: The walls are not completely sound proof. No one available to help me with my luggage, being single and disabled with my dog was told to use the luggage rack!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I stayed here on the way home from a long 3 week vacation. I was only 4 hours away from home but decided to stay here anyway and was glad I did because my stay here was a very nice one which allowed for me to recharged my batteries for the drive home the next day. The lobby and rooms are clean, bathrooms are a little small, but clean. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast was good and they had FRESH cut fruit which is something you only see here in CA and was a welcomed site for someone who hadn't seen anything that fresh in 3 weeks. If I had to complain about anything it would only be that the rooms are a little small. If I were going to stay there for a longer period of time I would try to get a bigger room, but overnight was just fine. The hotel is also in a great location close to the freeway, Starbucks, and Denneys.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
So. California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

It truly was the worst place I have ever stayed. I've been to many down-on-their-luck hotels and motels that have sincerly tried to make a visitors stay a pleasant one, but this place was just awful. I was there on a Friday night and even though the place was more than half empty, I had three couples engaging in vigourous, noisy, after-hours atheletic endeavors in the adjoining rooms and in the room right above me. I even went downstairs at 4 am to see if the desk clerk could do something (anything!), but there was no-one there.
The hotel was constructed with absolutely no soundproofing, so even if the staff were wonderful and the price was $1, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

The hotel is very clean, modern and comfortable. Nice furnishings in the roooms. They are a decent size, with larger rooms available as an upgrade. The breakfast is better than most continental breakfasts you find at hotels, so this is a plus. The staff are friendly and considerate. I asked for a late check out at 1:00 pm and it was not a problem. Very pleased with my stay. I would recommend this hotel. Also the pool is indoors, large and well maintained. A big plus for kids. The only negative is the noise from trucks passing by on the freeway; if you run the A/C or heater, however, no noise is noticeable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North? Share your experiences!